Respected Contributor

Re: I'm On The XXXX List With My Family.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@CelticCrafter   You and me both. My limit is 2 and I'm good for a long time.

She told my sister she can tell she lost weight, she wrists are small.  Huh!.  I hate to break it to her I'm a good 1X and my wrists and ankles aren't big, but I still am.

She's nuts. She had a knee replacement 2 weeks ago and she called the Dr. after 56 days and demanded he take the staples out. They hurt.  He told her no. I guess dopey doesn't realize It is still going to hurt after the staples come out.

How do you know this recent news about her? Considering how much you dislike this woman, why are you receiving updates about her?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

Why are you keeping tabs on someone that you clearly despise?

It's like you can't wait to dish the dirt on her, and want us to hate her as much as you do.

Why is that?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

If the gathering is at he cousin's home and you admittedly don't like her, then it's a no-brainer- stay home.

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 @mom2four0418   I don't keep tabs on her, I never ask about her when I talk to my sister or my niece that live near her.

My sister, for some reason I don't fathom, feels sorry for her, because was an only child, her parents are gone and no friends.

When I talk to my sister as some point I get, "omg, Pat did or said xxxx.  I have told her I don't care. I've told her, "you know what she is like, why are you surprised."

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 @mom2four0418   I don't keep tabs on her, I never ask about her when I talk to my sister or my niece that live near her.

My sister, for some reason I don't fathom, feels sorry for her, because was an only child, her parents are gone and no friends.

When I talk to my sister as some point I get, "omg, Pat did or said xxxx.  I have told her I don't care. I've told her, "you know what she is like, why are you surprised."

I keep toxic people out of my life; which means that I don't discuss or listen to stories about them. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Why would you want to miss being around such a "fun" person?  LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Just kidding.  You have one life, & being of legal age and of sound mind and body, do for you, what you want to.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@CelticCrafter   You and me both. My limit is 2 and I'm good for a long time.

She told my sister she can tell she lost weight, she wrists are small.  Huh!.  I hate to break it to her I'm a good 1X and my wrists and ankles aren't big, but I still am.

She's nuts. She had a knee replacement 2 weeks ago and she called the Dr. after 56 days and demanded he take the staples out. They hurt.  He told her no. I guess dopey doesn't realize It is still going to hurt after the staples come out.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Wait ‘till they start pulling those staples out!    

NOT GOOD.

Talk about hurt.

Oh no, there's staples for a knee replacement? It just all spells hurt.  I'm already leary of this procedure.  The only saving grace is, eventually, all that won't hurt, right? LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal  My knee was replaced Nov. 2019.  It is perfectly fine now. My knee was very bad, I was actually knock kneed. My leg is straight and I have absolutely no pain in that knee. The staples do pull some but I never entertained the idea of demanding they come out.

My ortho surgeon thinks he is the greatest gift to medicine but the man can sew.  You have to look very close to see my scar.

My left knee is now starting to act up. Yeah.

Trusted Contributor

Meh, that's small potatoes (with mayo!).

If I wanted to go anywhere, but there was a person who I didn't like or who grated on my nerves, I would have absolutely no problem ignoring that person.  Most often, ignoring a person who makes remarks like that gets to them a LOT more than answering back.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Valued Contributor

@Cakers3 - I know the issue is with my husband.  It has been this way for our entire relationship.  She can do no wrong.  But, she does.  My husband doesn't want to see it.    

And, I have never viewed my MIL as competition.