Honored Contributor

Re: I'm On The XXXX List With My Family.

There is no way I would spend any time with a person like that, relation or not.  IMO, you're doing the right thing by staying away.

Respected Contributor

@DrakesMomma  Strangely enough, I had the same problem too.  My mother-in-law didn't think I was good enough for her son.  Besides the fact I was a divorced woman with a child.  Being Catholic that's a no, no. I always said she wanted him to marry a sweet little Catholic virgin girl.  She was a pain until her death.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  The BBQ is at cousins house. No matter how rude she was I would not say anything to her at her own house.

The food police comment was made at my sister's which is also the home we grew up in.  My sister has always said it is still my home.

Valued Contributor

@luvmybeetle  - I finally figured out that she views me as competiton.  When I try to talk to my husband on how she makes me feel and how she treats me his response is "Leave her alone.  She's old."  And what about all the years she wasn't old.  He seems to think it is my fault.  Best thing I ever got from her was learning on how not to be a mother-in-law when it is my turn. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418  Had to be. Out of 28 cousins she is the only pain in the neck and the only one I dislike.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I agree with @Porcelain that she will be even worse on her home turf.  I would not subect myself to  such a "fun" barbecue.  

It is always poor manners to comment on someone's food choices, whether you are the host or a guest.

Sounds as though she always has been a bitter "pill" of a person.

Doesn't care for children that much either it seems.

I'd rather stay home and have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and definitely would graciouly decline--tongue-in-cheek inside my head--with regret.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Trusted Contributor

@nana59  I also severed ties with my "sister" whom I called her my SINO (sister in name only) 2 yrs ago and never looked back. 

Her history of trying to manipulate and control me, make sarcastic and insulting remarks toward me and disagree with me on every important issue I care about was epic. 

The breaking point was when she arranged for my mother's funeral (I live across the Country) without ever consulting with me so I couldn't attend.  My other relatives called to let me know my name was never mentioned during the entire service as if I didn't exist.  

Life is too short to endure the stress and aggravation caused by those who are toxic and I certainly have no plans to ever be placed in such a situation again!!

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ  Those little kids were having a great time.  They weren't yelling or screaming, just laughing.

4 adults were around the pool with bare feet and legs getting cooled of except for "Miss, I'll melt if I get wet."

Ha, I saw the Wizard od Oz and what happens when a witch gets water thrown on her. lol

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DrakesMomma   Being old doesn't give her the rite to be obnoxious.  She just had her baby boy all to herself and didn't want to share.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Then just skip that BBQ and go to the big fest your nephew will be hosting.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh