Super Contributor

Re: I'm Not A Violent Person, However..........

Thank you for doing what you can for animals that need attention. I believe that nut case neighbor of yours is trapping animals. Do be careful... with him firing guns like a fool do be careful around him. He sounds like he is the neighbor from h*#l and I fear he would make your life a living h*#l. Be safe. I wish you could report him and he not know it. Old people, children and animals need us to look out for them.
Esteemed Contributor

@gramgrandkids1  Thanks for the concern, but other than being a PITA and a pig, you should see his property, I ignore him.

He liked my husband and I don't worry about him bothering  me.  

Honored Contributor

This unstable person is cruel and inhumane.  All the dogs should be taken away from him as I would guess he neglects them.  Also why is he shooting his gun at night, take that away too before he shoots someone or an innocent animal.

These type people need to be held accountable and penalized for animal cruelty.  All states should have harsh animal abuse laws in place.  The police should be notified and made sure they do what is right and just for those animals.

Esteemed Contributor

@spiderw  People have called about his dogs roaming around.  Nothing happened.

Years ago I looked out and a mom dog was going down the middle of the road with 7 or 8 young(maybe 4 months) puppies following her. We live a the top of a blind hill and anyone coming in that direction crests it without knowing what's in the road.

DH ran to the road to watch for traffic and I called the neighbor.  He came right over with one of his kids and we all grabbed puppies and he took them home.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I think they outlawed those leg traps years ago.  Cruel and inhuman.  I will come shoot him for you.

Shoekitty said:

@Imaoldhippie 

I'm right behind you!

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@esmerelda  Yes, I have talked to him several times in the 24 yrs. we have lived in this house. When DH was alive the neighbor would come over and talk to him when he was out mowing.

There used to be dozens of dairy farmers around here. Not so much now.  All the farmers I knew used garden variety rat traps in there barns. Bascially oversized mouse traps.

This was no rat trap, 'mI surprised it didn't just take the paw off.  There is no rat so big it needs a trap like that..  Cats also keep the rodent population down.

@CrazyKittyLvr2  thanks for the reply. Since you have spoken to him in the past, maybe you would consider going to see him now and letting him know what happened to the cat. If catching cats was not his intention, he might like to know. Maybe he’ll change something. Don’t know until you try. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda  What I don't get is he has 8 to 10 dogs at any given time.  Truthfully, none of the dogs are very bright. What if one of his dogs step on a trap?

He has 2 cows and they are outside 90% of the time. He doesn't get feed delivered, cows eat hay. There shouldn't be a massive rodent problem.  Set a few regular rat traps but not what he had.

At least once a day I have to chase his dogs out of my yard.  My porch were the cats eat and lounge around has a gate and the dogs try to get to them.  The cats learn early to go up the tree next to the porch if the dogs are at the gate.