Respected Contributor

I thought I was leaving for my new house yesterday, but my flight was canceled. My flight change has me leaving today instead, and with the connection I'll be traveling for 15+ hours today with my carry-on and my little dog whom I feel sorry for in all this.

The movers came yesterday morning and took everything. I'm sitting on a folding chair with my laptop on an empty box.

When my neighbor who was going to drive me to the airport heard about my canceled flight, she & her husband brought me a mattress, blanket, & pillow. Thank goodness for great neighbors!

So fellow posters, I will be out of touch for at least 4-5 days and will miss you & your posts. My belongings will take 2+ weeks to arrive, so I've sent myself some boxes via UPS and turned on the utilities.

Like the song by Peter, Paul, & Mary, "I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane" ... hopefully today.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm Leaving' on a Jet Plane

Have a safe trip and best wishes Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I hope you will have safe travels and will be very happy in your new home!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily,

Be safe!

good-luck-animated-image

Respected Contributor

@Desert Lily Congratulations on starting this new chapter of your life. I am sorry your flight was changed and is making your travel more difficult. After you arrive, I am certain you will be happy in your new home and be glad you made the move.

Respected Contributor

Hoping your trip goes well and your furbaby sleeps through most of it. Sorry for the delay, but once it is over you can breathe a sigh of relief and enjoy your new place. 

Sending good wishes to you and fur baby.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily ..................One of my most favorite songs.

I wish you the best on your adventure.  God bless.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Frequent Contributor

Great song and it was written by John Denver.  So talented.  Have a safe trip and best wishes. 

Respected Contributor

@Desert Lily   Safe travels for you and your puppy.  May this be the only bump in the road to a long and happy life for you two in your new home.  

P.S.  Love John Denver and that song. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

Hoping for nothing but the best for you, Desert Lily, as you continue on the path to the next chapter in your life!