Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm Jumping the Covid Vaccine Line ; ]

Good for you!!  I too signed up and shared with everyone I know the other day when I read it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JJsMom wrote:

Good for you! Way to be resourceful.

It will be available to everyone in May, but I hope to get it before then.

I typically dislike drama queen thread titles, but in this case I'll allow it. :-D

I promise not to make a habit of it. Woman Very Happy

And if I can get it through the normal sign up I certainly will do that. I am in an age category, just not the one they're working on now and not the next one either. No idea what the eta is on when my county will shift to the level 2 and lower age categories.

I'm looking forward to those of us who want our shots being all set by May as well. So excited to get back to some fun.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Porcelain  You did what you had to do. Good for you😉

Respected Contributor

Re: I'm Jumping the Covid Vaccine Line : ]

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

While it is good not to waste it, I thought they are supposed to go down the list of those who are eligible.  I am sure there are many of them still waiting for appointments and would be able to get there in time.

It makes sense to me that to receive a [likely] system-generated text about last-minute availability, you have to opt in by signing up for this specific notification service...which anyone who is eligible, waiting, and available will likewise be able to do. 

At least in my part of Ohio, every facility keeps their own list of those that are eligible and waiting for an appt.  Those are the ones contacted.  In my opinion as it should be.

My area of OH too. It's an incredibly inefficient manual process that unfortunately  wastes doses. It's fairer for the ones that get called and can't drop everything and go, but not for the ones that could have. Then nobody gets it 🤷🏻‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

While it is good not to waste it, I thought they are supposed to go down the list of those who are eligible.  I am sure there are many of them still waiting for appointments and would be able to get there in time.

It makes sense to me that to receive a [likely] system-generated text about last-minute availability, you have to opt in by signing up for this specific notification service...which anyone who is eligible, waiting, and available will likewise be able to do. 

At least in my part of Ohio, every facility keeps their own list of those that are eligible and waiting for an appt.  Those are the ones contacted.  In my opinion as it should be.

My area of OH too. It's an incredibly inefficient manual process that unfortunately  wastes doses. It's fairer for the ones that get called and can't drop everything and go, but not for the ones that could have. Then nobody gets it 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think those Ohio vaccine providers can still sign up for Dr. B as a backup. If they get through their list and don't find any takers that day, they can then see if anyone on Dr. B is available.

"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

I think those Ohio vaccine providers can still sign up for Dr. B as a backup. If they get through their list and don't find any takers that day, they can then see if anyone on Dr. B is available.

I haven't figured out how to sign up to get the notifications and "jump the line," but I'm still looking! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Porcelain     You are NOT "jumping the line".........it is perfectly acceptable to be on a "leftover" waiting list.

Exactly -- "jumping the line" means getting it ahead of someone who was not only entitled to get it before you, but who would have gotten it if you hadn't taken it first.

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain Thanks for posting.  I signed up today, but the message said there are about a million people ahead of me which is fine.  I read that Amanda Kloots (Nick Cordero's widow) was shamed for waiting in line at a vaccination site and getting a leftover shot.  There is no shame in that!

Respected Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

I haven't figured out how to sign up to get the notifications and "jump the line," but I'm still looking! Smiley Wink

@WenGirl42 The notification link is listed in the the original post.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Porcelain Thanks for posting.  I signed up today, but the message said there are about a million people ahead of me which is fine.  I read that Amanda Kloots (Nick Cordero's widow) was shamed for waiting in line at a vaccination site and getting a leftover shot.  There is no shame in that!

I'm hoping that in my zip code there aren't anywhere near that many in front of me. It goes by zip code and how fast they think you can get to the local site within the zip code area.

Fingers crossed for both of us! Woman Very Happy