Honored Contributor

I'm Jumping the Covid Vaccine Line ; ]

[ Edited ]

Even though I don't officially qualify to receive the vaccine in my area right now, I might get my Covid vaccine earlier than I'm "supposed to." Woman Very Happy

Now before you all yell at me, you should know that you and yours can do it too. There is a process for it.

I signed up to get notified of unused vaccines in my area by text. Then I respond within 15 minutes if I can make it, and I book my little fanny over to the location as fast as possible.

If anyone wants to know how I signed up and how I addressed my own concerns, I am happy to explain. I can try to answer some questions, though I'm not an expert on it.

This is the website: https://hidrb.com  Dr.B. It's been covered by several publications and news shows. It's for the whole country, not just certain areas.

You have to provide your name, date of birth, a phone number, email, and zip code. And then they ask you if you have certain qualifying health conditions or jobs that would put you at the front of the line.

If you want to use a throwaway email address and a Google Voice number (I did), that can provide some privacy, but you should give your real name, birth date, and zip code and be honest when answering the screening questions.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Jumping the Covid Vaccine Line : ]

Yeah....okay.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Good for you @Porcelain!   That is the thing with the mRNA vaccines, there is just so much worry about the vaccine expiring so anyway they can get vaccines into arms rather than having to waste it due to expiration is a great thing! 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Even though I don't officially qualify to receive the vaccine in my area right now, I might get my Covid vaccine earlier than I'm "supposed to." Woman Very Happy

Now before you all yell at me, you should know that you and yours can do it too. There is a process for it.

I signed up to get notified of unused vaccines in my area by text. Then I respond within 15 minutes if I can make it, and I book my little fanny over to the location as fast as possible.

If anyone wants to know how I signed up and how I addressed my own concerns, I am happy to explain. I can try to answer some questions, though I'm not an expert on it.

@Porcelain , there was a report last night on the news about this. One other way to jump the line were those with concierge medicine. My kids received the vaccine before my husband and I did, actually. 

Honored Contributor

It's better than letting it be thrown away at the end of the day because it's reached it expiration date by being out of the deep freeze too long.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@Porcelain , there was a report last night on the news about this. One other way to jump the line were those with concierge medicine. My kids received the vaccine before my husband and I did, actually. 

This way of doing it is trying to make it more equitable and equal to everyone. I was very honest about the fact that I did not qualify for any of the priority screening questions they asked. So if someone has a health issue or works in a more dangerous job, they will get first dibs on the shots before I will.

That makes me feel much better about grabbing the opportunity if/when it does come my way.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain   Way better than letting a dosage go to waste.  I know that's being done in my area of Florida although I don't know just what the procedure is or if there is even the same procedure from site to site.

The day I got my first shot, the pharmacy suffered a computer breakdown.  They were overwhelmed trying to get to everyone, get all the required paperwork checked in, and work in such a way they didn't up up opening a vial and having to discard vaccine at the end of the evening.  

What is easy when it goes as expected can turn chaotic in an instant.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain - my sister was able to get an "end of day" vaccine almost 2 weeks ago.

She called her pharmacist fairly close to closing time one day and asked if they ever have any unused vaccines at the end of the day.  He told her that they never throw any away and then he asked her how quickly she could get there.  She left her house immediately and got there less than 5 minutes later.

She got her shot, along with another woman,  and then also got an appt. for her 2nd shot.

I was thrilled because she is having major surgery at the end of next week and will be in the hospital for a few days and I'm glad she will have at least some protection.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

This is awesome.  No waste!!!

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain     You are NOT "jumping the line".........it is perfectly acceptable to be on a "leftover" waiting list.

♥Surface of the Sun♥