Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm Hoping Some of You Can Help, Please

Thank you all for your responses.  Regarding the fence ~ we do have one, about 4ft high picket.  We nailed those wood trellisses on it and placed privacy fencing (from QVC) with faux ivy.  (Absolutely LOVE that stuff ~ wish they would bring it back, lol)!  Tomorrow I am calling for quotes for a 6ft tall one, solid, with no way to see through.  I feel like such a fool, trying to be nice and be friends.  I just hate the tension.  I want to get along.  I'm just sitting here shocked that they told the police I threatened their kids.  OMG.  So here's another example of what I'm dealing with.  They had a cat they would let out ~ everyday, all day and night.  The cat would take up residence on our roof and even broke our wood trellis when he jumped off one day.  (I saw this as it happened).  I politely mentioned this to her and all I got was an 'Ooohhhhh.'  It's still broken.  I also mentioned she might want to try one of those catios since another neighborhood cat was eaten by a coyote and we live on a really busy street.  That fell on deaf ears.  One day there was all this commotion in their yard.  My husband comes up to me to tell me they are burying their cat.  The poor thing was hit by a car and found (by their 6 year old) on the side of the road.  Idiots.  Shouldn't be allowed to have pets or kids.  Makes me furious because that could have been avoided.  This is what I'm up against.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The "I'll pray for you" does not work for me. It takes hands on action IMO.

Edited it add, we replaced our fence, and it made very little difference. We were dealing with barking dogs, drug dealers, and other things that I can't mention. Very stressful to deal with. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

My suggestions are to put Private Property and No Trespassing signs on your property, and be sure you buy a hunter cam with infrared LED; otherwise the red glow is a giveaway to the hidden camera.   

Honored Contributor

my husband said wait till they're asleep and go out and rev your car engine for a half hr. and play opera music. LOL keep 'em up all night LOL

pop in a cd in the car , roll down the windows and let loose with

Italian opera harmonies. LOL

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE ~ Love it!  I guess they complained to the officer about our generator.  We have a whole house generator that runs once a week for 20 minutes.  I asked the cop about it and she told me if they call about it there's nothing the police will do.  They might come out, but that's about it.  Oh, did I mention when the cop showed up the wife was outside laughing?  I'm not being funny here ~ I think there's something wrong with that woman.  For reasons I won't bore you with, I haven't been feeling well.  I don't need this stress in my life.  Last night after washing my hair my hair was coming out in clumps.  This has been a great source of stress for me for quite some time.  I simply don't know what to do.  Feeling powerless is the abolute worst. 

Honored Contributor

You mentioned so many kids, you couldn't count them all. While I agree you have a real mess to deal with, I can't imagine parenting that many kids.  

Honored Contributor

Your mistake was tolerating it the first time and then allowing them in your yard. People once allowed to get away with something feel it's their right to continue. You have a right to enjoy your home. 

Honored Contributor

I feel for you. We have some neighbors just like yours. When the kids scream you don't know if they are playing or being kidnapped.

You cannot enjoy sitting outside unless you want to listen to it. We have double pane windows so I don't hear it when I'm in the house.

The police & the City won't do anything because the noise ordinance here is from 10 PM to 6 AM.

Moving is not really a solution either unless you plan to move some place where your neighbors don't live so close.

Just like a Realtor told us just because you move to a nice neighborhood with nice neighbors does not mean that they will be there tomorrow or in a week or month etc. You never know who may move in next to you.

ITA Why Should You Have To Move!!! That's how we feel. Our house is paid for. We like our house.

If the City would let me I think I would put up a 10' fence around my whole property. LOL!!! 

Honored Contributor

Hopefully, they can't pay their mortgage or property taxes and they will be long gone. State or bank will see to that.  If she's running a day care center there's rules how many kids you can take care of.

Respected Contributor

The kids were just having fun. If you hate children so much move to a retirement community instead of making trouble.