Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Hoping Some of You Can Help, Please

@Julie928 wrote:

Thank you, @QVCkitty1.  No, good manners are not in style anymore.  It's okay though.  Quite honestly I'm surprised it took almost five pages of responses to bring someone like that out of the woodwork.  ;-)

@TenderMercies ~ Have mercy!  I'll only do that if I can get my husband in a pair of daisy dukes while he's out front mowing the lawn! 

@Julie928

I vote for hubby mowing the lawn in a speedo!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

I am wondering if the OP has kids or grandkids, I suspect she is still of the children should be seen and not heard generation

No one is talking about children in general here and I think you probably are aware of that.

I'd bet that most of us here who totally understand where the op is coming from do have children.

This is a certain type of screaming-

Kids have fun, yell and shout and play games and are loud.

We are not addressing that kind of child.

These are the kind who also have intolerable parents.

You maybe haven't experienced this.

Your point is, she sounds like a miserable old woman 

@I am still oxox

Wow! I think you're making a lot of assumptions and that statement bolded above is just mean, IMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks again, everyone.  I appreciate everyone's input, as well as knowing I am not in this alone. 

@violann ~ Exactly!  My disappointment is towards the adults.  Kids will do what they are allowed to do.  Adults should know better.  It is up to the parents to teach their children, as you stated, there is a time and place for everything. 

Luckily, the past couple of days have been rainy and chilly so it has been quiet.  I'm still trying to figure out who the other person that called the police could be ~ so far, no clue.  I'm taking this day-by-day.  Hopefully there will be no more incidents (at least for awhile) but time will tell.  Thanks again, all.  I'll come back periodically and keep everyone posted!

Honored Contributor

@Julie928

Please do! I've been where you are and it's no fun.

Mine took taking them to court for violations of county ordinances to resolve (no attorney involved), but it did the trick!

When we showed up for court, they felt the need to hire an attorney to defend them and they met me in the hall and offered to make sure the problem never occurred again, if I would dismiss the case.

I did, on the condition that if the behaviour returned that I would definitely refile, with no chance of a dismissal.

They're still here and so are we, with no problems since and that was 5 years ago.

Sometimes a 'bully' personality has to be shown that you won't accept their bullying behaviour before they back down.

Sometimes like these forums, LOL!

Respected Contributor

Dear IG,

What a wonderful answer!  Congrats on reclaiming your comfort in your home.  I hope Julie will have a similar outcome.

As someone older and dealing with health problems I appreciate how important it is to be able to rest (no matter what time of day) when you need to.

This a a good thread.

Cathy