Honored Contributor

Tsk, tsk @Sooner... I always knew it was only a matter of time until your shady past caught up with you...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, Sheriff was coming to arrest me.  I didn't show up for Jury selection.  I told the caller to come get me and because I know the law... I am over the age that they require me to come. Having respect for ourr sheriffs I called and reported  the incident and they insisted on coming over. When the officer showed up to file the report in person we recognized each other.  He was a former student.  NIce to see him again. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Tsk, tsk @Sooner... I always knew it was only a matter of time until your shady past caught up with you...

@stevieb  Don't try coming to see me with that outfit you're wearing!  And smuggle in those ciggies too so I can trade them for Cheryl's cookies!  

Valued Contributor

@Sooner...  I kept getting the IRS scammer calls and they would leave a msg.  So one day being fed up with this BS, I called them back.  I told them who I was and that they left me a vm saying that I am in trouble with the IRS.  A man with a heavy foreign accent said yes if you don't pay blah blah.  I said to him in my best very no nonsense professional voice that was funny because I am a "IRS Agent" and exactly what I was going to do to him... the man on the other end must of had a stroke, he proceeded to scream at me and curse me out with every word he could think of and told me how he hates the IRS.  I kept talking over him in a controlled voice, until he hung up on me.  It was the best laugh I had in ages and I have not received any calls after that... lmbo

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Esteemed Contributor

We got that call 2X also.....and just ignored it.....and they said you would be arrested within the next 24 hours...(i actually forget the actual company if one was mentioned)

We just laughed and commented the next day how we were "still here"...ha.............sad that some people would actually fall for that....

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Woman Surprised  At least that's what the phone scammers who called today said!  I will be arrested later today if I don't give them the information they want.  It was a really scratchy recording that sounded like it was from Mars.

So if I'm not posting tomorrow you'll know why!  LOL!!!  Ship me a cheesecake with a file in it please!  

This was a new one on me.  They have called twice from different number and I've blocked the calls.  Have you had this one?  Or you already incarcerated? 

@Sooner  I have had that one several times.  I blew a drum major whistle in the phone and told the man I worked for the IRS.  That was the last time I got that call.

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Going to Jail!

[ Edited ]

@IfeelwickedYes, if I see a number coming in with my area code and if the the first three numbers of my phone number, I know immediately it is a scammer and I block it.  I don't answer ANY phone call unless I know who is calling.  You do more harm by letting a scammer know that they have a "live" number and the vicious cycle continues.

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

... under NO circumstances, answer your phone. That puts you back in their system and the vicious circle continues. It’s such a sophisticated operation that the number that shows up on your phone is not the number that called you. They can program any number. And many times they pick your same area code and first three numbers of your phone number, so you think it might possibly be someone you know. That’s why when you redial the number you NEVER get through. Good luck ☎️

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl

Unfortunately, many naive people do fall for it. These criminals make tons of money.

Esteemed Contributor

When they call, I don't even give them a chance to tell me what they want --- I know it's a scammer by the 2 second delay. I tell them to "   can't repeat it here   ".

Honored Contributor

My land line hasn't worked for about six months, so I get no telemarketers or scammers, but unfortunately, I will have to get it repaired one day, and then I am sure it will all begin again.