Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Going to Jail!

[ Edited ]

I was just going through my Caller ID last night and saw a couple of calls that said they were from IRS.   Nomorobo must have stopped them because they never rang through.

I swear, there's a scammer around every corner.  Smiley Sad

Oh, and I also saw some from the 'US Senate'.   Uh, ok.  SMH

Trusted Contributor

I am going to be picked up in 4 days mine said this morning.. I say come on and get me..hahaha

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Woman Surprised  At least that's what the phone scammers who called today said!  I will be arrested later today if I don't give them the information they want.  It was a really scratchy recording that sounded like it was from Mars.

So if I'm not posting tomorrow you'll know why!  LOL!!!  Ship me a cheesecake with a file in it please!  

This was a new one on me.  They have called twice from different number and I've blocked the calls.  Have you had this one?  Or you already incarcerated? 

@Sooner  I got a similar call.  The caller claimed to be from the IRS (despite the heavy foreign accent - I didn't know the IRS has a branch in India....?)  and that I had been sued by the IRS and this was the last chance I had to make things right before I go to jail.   That was all news to me, since I've never been served in this "lawsuit."

By the way, I didn't answer the phone when I got this call; it was left as a voice mail.  Yep, yeah, that's how people are sued and then arrested in this country.  Uh huh.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm Going to Jail!

[ Edited ]

Word of advice to new inmates.  Poo Pouri.   Buy it by the gallon and hand it out to your new roommates.  That commode in the cell will get lots of use.  Buy some cleaning supplies from the Q while you're at it.....bleach, gloves, bowl brush.  

Respected Contributor

One day several weeks ago I had it with phone soliciting.  I don't normally answer, but got tired of hearing the phone ring.  I picked up the phone and listened for the plea for $$$.  I then put the phone down, didn't hang up, and walked away.  Wonder how long it took for the caller to realize what happened.  

Honored Contributor
Looks like you will be in some good company! A local law enforcement officer has been receiving these calls on a private line in his office, and filmed one of them last week which was aired on local news.
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Woman Surprised  At least that's what the phone scammers who called today said!  I will be arrested later today if I don't give them the information they want.  It was a really scratchy recording that sounded like it was from Mars.

So if I'm not posting tomorrow you'll know why!  LOL!!!  Ship me a cheesecake with a file in it please!  

This was a new one on me.  They have called twice from different number and I've blocked the calls.  Have you had this one?  Or you already incarcerated? 

Oh, I was supposed to be in jail many times already. 

Some woman with a very poor grasp of English would call (recording) every few weeks, "from the IRS" and let me know "the local cops will be coming to get you". 

Yep, I'm sure that is exactly what someone from the IRS is going to threaten. "The local cops". We get a big laugh every time that call comes through.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Pretty sure QVC delivers to jails if there's an address instead of PO Address. Something to nibble on, perhaps? 

I received a call last year. Apparently my son, who was standing in the next room, needed bail money. They would be happy to drop by and pick up the cash.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@Sooner

Just checking up on you Sooner ..... haven't been hauled off to the big house, yet, have you?    lol    Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

LOL - my dear hubby just got a recorded message tonight telling him there were four arrest warrants out for him, and that he needed to call their office immediately! Yeah, right. I looked up the area code and it was based in NY....not that it means anything. Those blasted scammers are out there trolling for their next victim!