Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Going To Turn My Bed In to A Cozy Nest

[ Edited ]

A nice quality down comfortner ,will last for many years,if taken care of ,they are very warm.And flannel sheets are so much better than the other one mentioned,but hard to find good ones.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All that warmth and ostensibly 'cozy' isn't for me... I like to 'sleep cold'... I like the bed to be cool and the room to be cool and while I will add an extra layer of bedding as the weather warrants it, I don't anticipate it'll warrant it all that much... I had an electric blanket years ago and think I might have used it a handful of times. No idea where it is now or if I even held onto it... Had one set of flannel sheets, used rarely and now long gone and not remotely interested in fleece... I prefer a more crisp sleeping experience... Each to their own...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I bought the down blanket that was the TSV last week, in gray.  It came yesterday, and is just the right weight. I will use it with a regular top sheet, and keep a quilt folded at the bottom of the bed if it gets really cold.  

I keep a standing floor fan on at night because I can't tolerate stale air, and I can't open my windows because I am in a first floor apartment, and also my RA prevents me from opening and closing windows.

I'm ready!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

I don't care for anything heavy while sleeping so I have a wonderful Eddie Bauer down comforter which feels light on the body but is quite warm and cozy.  Cotton sheets for me and window open.  So interesting to read other folks preferances, no right or wrong anything, it's what works for you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819   sounds very cozy.  The older I get the more I want a warm bed in winter.  In fact, I finally found Polar Fleece sheets in a split king set!!!  Can't wait until they arrive!!!

One thing I do need, however, is cool air on my face.  I like to crack the window open just for that reason.

Hope you enjoy your cozy retreat!!

Trusted Contributor

I hope you live in Alaska because, if not, you are going to be kicking some of those blankets off! I would be a bit mess in about 10 minutes!Woman LOL

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.