Esteemed Contributor

I'm Going To Turn My Bed In to A Cozy Nest

With the seasons changing, and the nights getting cooler, I feel the need to turn my summer bed (light weight sheets & blankets) in to my warm and cozy winter bed.

I ordered (from Overstock) an electric mattress pad and an electric blanket.

I am also going to put flannel sheets on my bed, and I have four, (yes FOUR) blankets.

I can hardly wait to snuggle in to all of that warmth!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Going To Turn My Bed In to A Cozy Nest

@Anonymous032819   Sounds warm and cuddly, but I'd burn up. I like a down comforter and maybe a throw on top on a really cold night, but I like the windows open even if it's 30 degrees. I do wear a nightshirt and socks, though. I'm toasty. 

Honored Contributor

I daresay you'll  be shedding blankets like crazy about 15 minutes after you go to bed.  The electric blanket alone will make you as warm as you can stand.  Flannel sheets are passe; the current cozy, soft, warm sheets are polar fleece.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Shanus.  Me too on the open window.   I had mine cracked the night it got down to -14°.  It's open every night of the year.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Sounds TRULY cozy!

Yes, I, too, prefer flannel sheets as they are 100% cotton!

I also like lots of blankets--and pillows!

I have a (fake fur) sheepskin mattress pad on my bed as well.

But what keeps me the warmest  (besides my DH) are the little cats snuggled up and purring away!

(I have never used an electric blanket because I am nervous about having electricity running like that while I am sleeping...)

Honored Contributor

When it's cold I find myself adding more blankets and socks to bed....however I'll wake up sweating and kicking those socks & extra blankets off. I just can't sleep if I'm too hot. I like smooth cotton sheets all year.

Esteemed Contributor

It sounds like you are going to have some very WARM & TOASTY winter nights😊. It s always nice transitioning with the seasons. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased the VelvetSoft sheets in blush with extra pillowcases by Berkshire, and hope they are as warm and cozy as the polarfleece I have used the past few winters.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I like to get in to *chilly* sheets.  Summer and winter. 

We usually only turn the air on at night in the summer, if it's been hot out.  And no heat is on at night in the winter unless it dips below freezing.

Although I do like a hot shower in summer and winter and warm baths especially in the winter.

But a cooooool bedroom and I sleep like a baby.

Respected Contributor

I'd be a hot mess sleeping in all that.