Esteemed Contributor

I'm Glad I Wasn't In A Hurry.

I went to town to do some banking. After I left the bank and was coming through town someone backed out of their driveway and never checked to see if anyone was coming along. Threw it in reverse and stepped on the gas. Thank God I was paying attention and not speeding or I would have T boned them.

They were in front of me and we got outside of town in a 40 mph zone. We were barreling along at 20mph. There was a line of cars behind me and nowhere to pass.

For 4 miles we puttered along until we approached an intersection, they slowed down even more and came to a full stop right in the intersection, then, after they stopped, turned on their left hand turn signal and slooowly turned left.

Lol, they backed out of the driveway faster than they drove on the actual road.

You have to wonder how some people passed a driver's test.

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Glad I Wasn't In A Hurry.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 -What makes you assume this driver has passed a test?  Woman Surprised

Could be a learner. Or just someone who shouldn't be behind the wheel ever.

Glad you're okay.

Honored Contributor

Glad you & your car are ok.

I had that happen to me when I was a senior in high school going to Vo-Tech. I looked in my rear view mirror saw the truck was going to rear end me unless I moved. I ran off the side of the road in a grassy area. At least I did not get hurt not my car.

Esteemed Contributor

This happens to me....A LOT!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia  I couldn't tell the age or even gender. I could tell they must have been short. When I was behind them you could hardly see their head. 

My MIL was short and could barely see over the steering wheel. Now, there was hazard on the road. She had a lead foot and gawked around the whole time she was driving.

Respected Contributor

See the source image

Respected Contributor

This funny cracks me up.......

See the source image

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 I am also a retired legal sec. Worked for eons for P.I. attorneys and the person exiting any driveway has the **duty** to look out for oncoming traffic.

That driver would have been responsible for any collision, unless the laws have changed in 20 years!

I know how nerve wracking that can be. Glad YOU knew what to do!

Valued Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Venezia  I couldn't tell the age or even gender. I could tell they must have been short. When I was behind them you could hardly see their head. 

My MIL was short and could barely see over the steering wheel. Now, there was hazard on the road. She had a lead foot and gawked around the whole time she was driving.

@CrazyKittyLvr2   mine was the SAME way!  

Esteemed Contributor

@tarsmom   My son will be 47 and the last time I rode with my MIL my DS was 9 months old.

She was taking me to the garage to pick my car up. As she was blowing up the road she went past her friend's house. She was looking at the house and saying, "I wonder if Martha is home?"

A car was stopped about 1/2 a block away to make a left hand turn, he had incoming traffic. She never saw him, too busy looking for Martha.I guess.  I was yelling at my MIL and slamming my foot on an non-existent brake. She had to go around him on the right hand side to avoid rear ending him.

Once I got out of that car I never, ever rode with her again. That was 1974 and she died in 1992. My DH wouldn't ride with her either and our kids were forbidden to get in a car with her also.