Respected Contributor

Re: I'm Getting Very Little Mail These Days

/we have multi mailbox mail get a key walk around the corner get it , we do pay bills on line but even before virus not much just junk stuff, I remember those time getting mail outside my house oh the memories. DD lives in her area same thing she goes every 3 days & says not much mail. So the little junk we get read threw it wash hands. I do get a few magazines nothing much. Yes mail is toned down. I love to send cards, my friend is sick sending her a get well card but understand the mail is really low now, watch they raise stamps got my forever stamps. maybe should stock up on stamps.paying bills on line saved us on stamps. 

Respected Contributor

The weekly grocery store ads are done because of virus, we can't get sale stuff cuz they don't have supply. I would get my grocery on sale items but good luck finding it guess they stopped it for now. I haven't gotten a grocery ad for weeks why bother no bread or less meat/ chicken if you fine it go for it. Things are changing fast, if you find it buy it or live without it. 

Honored Contributor

Less for me.  I got exactly one letter yesterday (Monday) that was an ad.  Since the virus hit, it's very noticeable.  Last week on a Thursday, I didn't get any mail.  The following day I got a bunch of mail.  Like it took up to Friday to catch up with the mail.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Im still getting my usual junk mail, even catalogs....Woman Sad But to your point apparently others in our COA community are getting less, because the mailman is back to finishing up and delivering mail by his previous 2:30 PM time instead of the 5:00 PM time slot that had become the norm....

Adorable Dogs And Cats In Mailboxes

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@songbird That's why I was wondering if they may be short of people to deliver all the mail we are supposed to get in a day because employees are out sick or in quarantine because one person got sick. It's probably a combination of a lot of factors. It's weird though. I usually get a lot more mail than I've been getting.
Honored Contributor

Other than home, auto and electric bill I get at home all my other mail comes to my office.  I noticed last week the mail for the office was much lighter.  I thought maybe they were not sorting it all each day.  Nothing really significantly late but in our building we are usually the second highest in the daily mail count according to our mailman of 20 years.  Last week someone in our city's main post office tested positive.  Of course that is our branch where I am located in the city.  But like dealing with money and groceries I have always washed my hands after opening the mail.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

We aren't getting those stupid phone calls from unknowns.  That's wonderful.  

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Im still getting my usual junk mail, even catalogs....Woman Sad But to your point apparently others in our COA community are getting less, because the mailman is back to finishing up and delivering mail by his previous 2:30 PM time instead of the 5:00 PM time slot that had become the norm....

Adorable Dogs And Cats In Mailboxes

You made my day!  That means much (I was depressed and stressed)  Made me smile.  May you always get mail like this....

Honored Contributor

@sissel wrote:

The weekly grocery store ads are done because of virus, we can't get sale stuff cuz they don't have supply. I would get my grocery on sale items but good luck finding it guess they stopped it for now. I haven't gotten a grocery ad for weeks why bother no bread or less meat/ chicken if you fine it go for it. Things are changing fast, if you find it buy it or live without it. 

@sissel 

in my area we are still getting the weekly grocery store ads and fast food coupons/ads (burger king today)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I had one letter from my bank today.  Nothing else.  Maybe the Post Offie is closing shop....?