Respected Contributor

Re: I'm Getting My Yard Mowed Today

My lawn boy takes care of my property. he does a great job...he plants tomatoes and other veggies and he's my pool boy too!  i keep his fave beers cold.

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

We no longer mow.  We have lawn service place that comes every two weeks.  They've already come once.  I was startled to see them.  I thought they wouldn't come because of the virus.  But yes, they came!  They never came to the door.  Just did the mowing and send a invoice through the mail.  We mail them a check back.  A little odd note.  We got them because of our next door neighbor.  They come at the same time, but the neighbor stipulated that they MUST mow her lawn first.  So that's what they do.  We found out about this because they told us. 

@songbird 

That's just weird.

Respected Contributor

@bandaidinmysalad wrote:

I was paying $40/mo and he would mow and edge our lawn a couple times a month sometimes more depending on the season.  After many years and never tipping him or remembering him during the holidays it occurred to me one day that I really would like to give him more money.  So now I pay him $60/mo for the same service but I still never tip or remember him during the holidays.  Man Indifferent  I guess I don't know how to do that sort of thing with someone not related and not a friend of the family although we think of him fondly.  Oh well.  

@bandaidinmysalad 

I have a good GF who did the same thing. Her and her husband had the same service for years, so they just decided to start paying him more a few years back. 

Respected Contributor

I live in Southern California and my neighborhood is full of track homes. I have a lawn service that takes care of my front yard. $50.00 a month to edge, trim, bag, fertilize when needed.  I have had them for a three or four years. The lawn is cut weekly, and I guess they are considered essential, because they are here every Tuesday. 

My back yard, I have taken care of roughly every quarter. I call and set up an appointment when needed. It actually  looks like  a mini park. with trees, and concrete and little walkways, some grass. I have a different guy that takes care of that. It's about $80.00 but he does a great job and had the best price when I was looking for someone to take care of it years ago.