Esteemed Contributor

I'm Getting My Yard Mowed Today

A local guy who has his own small business doing yard work, was over at my next door neighbors house, mowing his yard, so I flagged him down and asked if he could now mine, too.

So, for $65, he'll now and edge with a weed eater.

Believe me, my yard needs a good trim!Woman LOL

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Getting My Yard Mowed Today

We no longer mow.  We have lawn service place that comes every two weeks.  They've already come once.  I was startled to see them.  I thought they wouldn't come because of the virus.  But yes, they came!  They never came to the door.  Just did the mowing and send a invoice through the mail.  We mail them a check back.  A little odd note.  We got them because of our next door neighbor.  They come at the same time, but the neighbor stipulated that they MUST mow her lawn first.  So that's what they do.  We found out about this because they told us. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know how big your yard is but mine is a little over a third of an acre and we have ours done every week for $35.00 each time.  

Esteemed Contributor

This was the first cut of the season, and it was tall!

I gave the guy a tip for all of his hard work.

I just have a push reel mower and a weed eater.

This is my yard.

IMG_20190402_134748.jpg

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lucky you. I can't hire anyone to cut my lawn & I can't get my mower serviced either because of Governor's closure orders BUT if the grass grows too tall I'll get a ticket from my township....ugh.

Honored Contributor

I've been out a couple times to mow mine down so far.  I really hate yard work.  🙁

Esteemed Contributor

Sixty five dollars AND a tip. Today was his lucky day. For that amount I hope he bagged all that long grass and hauled it off and changed your oil in your car. 

Honored Contributor

Well OP that's nice. All of us here who have lawns have to have them mowed whether we do it ourselves our someone else does it.
Respected Contributor

I've had the same lawn service for years. They mow, edge, and clean off patio, driveway, and sidewalk for 25 dollars a week.

Respected Contributor

This week will be the second mowing here.  We've had a lot of rain and it looks so green here.  Looks so good right now.