Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Freezing Here! I'm Watching Shawn Dressed For the Beach!

They are inside and on tv and super thin.  They aren't about to wear sweaters...lol   Josie always makes me laugh.  The woman does all her Qvc shows half naked...lol   I understand that she rubs the creams all over her arms and chest to demonstrate but she still looks silly. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

it really doesnt concern me what others wear to feel comfortable.

we had a high today of 20 in the baltimore area. i cannot stand it to be too hot. i keep the thermostat set at about 67.

i went out today and was wearing a pair of sneakers, yoga pants, a tank, and a hoodie.....thats all i needed. there were others bundled up in heavy coats, scarves, hats, gloves, and boots.

it doesnt matter to me what shawn or josie wear to feel comfortable on air.

I feel the same way.  What someone wears for their comfort has no impact on me.  I can be sitting here in -25 temps and watch anchors on CNN wear sleeveless dresses and it doesn't phase me.  I don't expect folks to dress according to how I think they should dress...the weather around the country varies, folks have different tolerance levels for temperature, their activity level/job may cause them to be warm and folks who are indoors don't automatically need to dress for the outside temps.  There are folks who are cold in the summer and always wear a sweater.  Then there are folks who wear shorts or dresses (with bare legs) during winter.

What I wear outside in 20 degrees is probably very different than what others would wear simply because they live in a different environment where 20 degrees is a cold winter day whereas I find it to be a warm winter day.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

LOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gif

"I'm surprised she doesn't eventually just slide down under the table."

283917.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Watching Josie & Shawn: I don't understand Josie's tan lines. She's selling skincare! Who lies out in the sun anymore? She claims to be a health nut. Guess not. 

Ha, I was channel flipping (flipping out here being pretty housebound because of the cold) and noticed Josie's tan lines.  I thought the same thing!

I don't get cold watching people wear warm weather clothing, though.  Just makes me wish I was at the beach!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What I really hate is going to the gym and the thermostat there is set too high.  Way too high for people working out.  The front desk person likes to be nice and warm while she sits there at the computer.

I also really hate how so many stores are overheated.  They're like big incubators for viruses.

Honored Contributor

Don't think it was the dress, it was the color.

Shawn's coral dress was too summery...looked out of place.

OR it was a good marketing move.

Spring/Summer collections will be rolling out here pretty soon.

As for Josie's tan lines....having a tan is healthy.

She's gettin' her Vitamin D.  

Just like anything else, sunning can be done the right way or wrong way.

Honored Contributor

They are working under hot heavy TV studio lights. I'm betting it gets pretty hot there.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Watching Josie & Shawn: I don't understand Josie's tan lines. She's selling skincare! Who lies out in the sun anymore? She claims to be a health nut. Guess not. 

Ha, I was channel flipping (flipping out here being pretty housebound because of the cold) and noticed Josie's tan lines.  I thought the same thing!

I don't get cold watching people wear warm weather clothing, though.  Just makes me wish I was at the beach!

Josie claims her tan is from the self-tanner she sells...it comes with a mit and is pretty good..very realistic looking sun-kissed look. Being in the skin care industry Jose probably knows how aging the sun can be ...

Honored Contributor

I don't mind when fit women wear sleeveless during the winter. It inspires me to work on my own arms which currently need some work. 

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

They are working under hot heavy TV studio lights. I'm betting it gets pretty hot there.

Yes. I probably would be sweating so much I would get fired lol!

Reason for termination:

Excessive Sweating while on the air grossed out the viewing audience.Smiley Very Happy