Re: I’m Free! 🙋🏻‍♀️

@CAcableGirl2 Thank you!!!!

Valued Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

Jail break in Georgia.  🏃🏻‍♀️

Any healthy under 65 individual can roam free again in GA.  Over 65 and/or with health issues are still sheltered until June.  

Malls open today and traffic is already on its way to being horrific again.  That is one thing I am not looking forward to getting back to normal.  Smiley Sad

Hope everyone stays safe while they get back out there.  Just because you can doesn't mean you should.  

Happy Friday!  Smiley Happy

@Laura14 so you're saying that if someone is perfectly healthy with zero health deficits but they are over 65 and that means they still have to stay sheltered?  If that's true, I'd be fuming and break out of that jail. 

@germanshepherdlove These are guidelines.  No one is tackling seniors in the parking lots that I've seen.  They are asking if you are in the high risk group to stay sheltered a little longer.  Just a reminder to maybe exercise some extra caution and common sense if you are not someone who absolutely needs to be out because of a family to feed or business to run for financial needs.

@Laura14 we don't look our age so was wondering how they determine who is in the age group that's suppose to stay home even when perfectly healthy.  Does someone ask for your driver's license?  Can't imagine that scenario and I find it offensive. 

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

Jail break in Georgia.  🏃🏻‍♀️

Any healthy under 65 individual can roam free again in GA.  Over 65 and/or with health issues are still sheltered until June.  

Malls open today and traffic is already on its way to being horrific again.  That is one thing I am not looking forward to getting back to normal.  Smiley Sad

Hope everyone stays safe while they get back out there.  Just because you can doesn't mean you should.  

Happy Friday!  Smiley Happy

@Laura14 so you're saying that if someone is perfectly healthy with zero health deficits but they are over 65 and that means they still have to stay sheltered?  If that's true, I'd be fuming and break out of that jail. 

@germanshepherdlove These are guidelines.  No one is tackling seniors in the parking lots that I've seen.  They are asking if you are in the high risk group to stay sheltered a little longer.  Just a reminder to maybe exercise some extra caution and common sense if you are not someone who absolutely needs to be out because of a family to feed or business to run for financial needs.

@Laura14 we don't look our age so was wondering how they determine who is in the age group that's suppose to stay home even when perfectly healthy.  Does someone ask for your driver's license?  Can't imagine that scenario and I find it offensive. 

@germanshepherdlove  It's just a guidelne and you can do whatever you want. The entire point is some people are more vulnerable and should take extra precautions. If you don't want to or don't think you need to it's up to you. Nothing to get offended about.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Please all who live in these states that are reopening,  wear a mask, maintain social distancing and avoid crowded places.

I am a NYC nurse who was an ICU nurse for 20 years. I now work in an ambulatory hospital unit.   For the last month I have been pulled every day to the different ICUs and the makeshift ICUs.  In my 35 years working, I have never seen this much death and suffering.  Many are on ventilators and they are in their 30s, 40s , 50s, 60s.  Not as many old people.  And a lot were active people who didn't expect that they would be fighting for their life..  And most who are on ventilators won't make it.  And they die without seeing their families because no visitors are allowed.

this virus is unrelenting, never rests and in my experience,  nothing has worked yet except social distancing.   Learn the lessons from NY tragedy.

Respected Contributor

@germanshepherdlove . I live in GA. As has been stated these are guidelines. I am 70 and I go to the grocery store once a week and the PO occasionally. My husband goes to Walmart every other week.We take walks. No one asks your age. Police do not stop you on the road. This is not a police state. I live north of Atlanta and the stores in the morning hours are not crowded and almost everyone is wearing a mask. There are at least 20 exceptions to the shelter at home guidelines allowing people to be out and about. The one thing that I noticed is that the counties have been very strict about locking up playgrounds, basketball  courts, tennis courts and other ball fields in the public parks. And that is a good thing because the weather here is very nice and we definitely do not need crowds of people congregating in parks.  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Buffalogal47   I plan to!  Safely.  

The governor was all over tv this morning saying play it smart because, if we start spiking again, our parole may be revoked.  Smiley Sad

I've really given this guy a hard time to put it mildly but he really does see the economics of it so I'm glad those of us that still need work and paychecks to exist in this world are getting the opportunity to do it.   First thing I've liked about him.  

Hope this works and everyone's fears are for naught.    I've got a BIL intubating Covid patients on a daily basis at the local hospital so I do see the other side plus I lost a family member this week to the virus in Philadelphia.  It's no joke.  

@Laura14 

Anyone with more than 2 brain cells to rub together knows that it's no joke.

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 

It's a mix of pros/cons.  Traffic being one of the cons!  Malls also, I can just see crowds, groups, people passing each other, not social distancing.

Our State of MA, just extended the shut down until 5/18 from 5/06.  I have noticed an increase in traffic anyways lately.  Going to/from work had a real decrease for quite sometime.

I've been saying as much as I'd love to see the economy rolling again, it's the traffic I dread.  People need their jobs & also get our supply chains back to normal.

Yes, pros/cons.  At some point, people need to use their common sense while the openings are beginning.

Best of health to everyone.  

Respected Contributor

@millieshops 

You've got a smart & good attitude.

Enjoy your new normal.  Stay well.

Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I live in NYC we're still in lock down to at least May 15.

Hi @Jordan2 ! How’s everything in your area? How are you doing regarding the loss of your mom?

@Stargazer77 your so sweet to ask. I feel I was dealt a double blow dealing with the death of my mother and this isolation. I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like I can't take it anymore. It's been three months since my mother died, I don't feel like I have moved past it, I know I should go into some kind of grief counseling. I watched the first season of After Life, I heard it was good ( it's on Netflix, stars Ricky Gervais as Tony a suicidal man grieving the loss of his wife). I don't really think this was a show for me at this time! I hope you and yours are doing well at this difficult time.

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 

We're ALL free lol.

But thanks for the laugh!

What worries you masters you.