Esteemed Contributor

Re: I’m Free! 🙋🏻‍♀️

@Laura14 ...Congratulations on your freedom.  Be careful out there, stay safe and healthy.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

If Patrick Henry were alive today, he would certainly understand the economic pressures on American people and businesses at this point in the pandemic having faced similar pressures himself. If asked what his opinion is on opening the economy back up, I can almost imagine his passionate and pragmatic response: “Give me six more days and I’ll give you a reassessment.”

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

I live in NYC we're still in lock down to at least May 15.

Hi @Jordan2 ! How’s everything in your area? How are you doing regarding the loss of your mom?

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@newname0  Your mention of Patrick Henry reminded me of previous reading, and how he had left a small sealed envelope next to his last will. He intended it only to be read upon his death. 

I went back and found the quote contained in that envelope, and thought I would share. 

Whether America's independence "will prove a Blessing or a Curse," Henry continued in his message to posterity, "will depend on the Use our people make of the Blessings which a gracious God hath bestowed on us. If they are wise, they will be great and happy. If they are of a contrary Character, they will be miserable. Righteousness alone can exalt them as a Nation. Reader! whoever thou art, remember this, and in thy Sphere, practice Virtue thyself, and encourage it in others. P. HENRY"

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 

I agree with what you said --- "Just because you can doesn't mean you should."

Thanks, Laura, it's dangerous out there--- stay well and safe! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

We live in Connecticut and are proud to be partnering with other northern coastal states.  We have seen our share of illness and death here and are aware of what is happening in other parts of the country.

Our daughter had this virus, waited 11 days for the results of her test, tested positive, and was blessed to recover at home.

There are too many horror stories to mention.  Take this virus seriously folks, do some reading, and explore news sites that don’t give you hap-hap-happy talk.  Of course, we care about all those financially suffering.  Our government should be doing a better job at reaching and helping them.  No excuses.

Our family has donated to national and local causes.  Do all you can.

Sure, we would like our former carefree life back.  Won’t happen anytime soon.  Stay safe, for yourself, and for your responsibility to others.  God bless America and protect us all.

Respected Contributor

There’s a truism circulating the internet that aptly sums up the patchy state of self-isolation orders. It says,

“Having some states lock down and some states not lock down is like having a peeing section in a swimming pool."

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Our sour old Mayor won't let the kids out to play in defiance of the state.  Mean old mama she is.   Wants to make a name for herself.  SO far, it's not a great name! 

Your mayor sounds like a smart person.  

Those who want to go out can do so but be sure to go to really crowded places, a packed church, an extremely busy grocery store, farmers markets, etc.  They can then become carriers, most without symptoms, and pass it on to others, some of whom pass it on to their friends and loved ones, and some of whom will die.

Esteemed Contributor

My state is going to start opening in stages next week.  Baby steps.  I choose to continue to stay home and stay safe.  That's my "freedom"  -  the freedom to choose.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

Jail break in Georgia.  🏃🏻‍♀️

Any healthy under 65 individual can roam free again in GA.  Over 65 and/or with health issues are still sheltered until June.  

Malls open today and traffic is already on its way to being horrific again.  That is one thing I am not looking forward to getting back to normal.  Smiley Sad

Hope everyone stays safe while they get back out there.  Just because you can doesn't mean you should.  

Happy Friday!  Smiley Happy

@Laura14 so you're saying that if someone is perfectly healthy with zero health deficits but they are over 65 and that means they still have to stay sheltered?  If that's true, I'd be fuming and break out of that jail. 

@germanshepherdlove These are guidelines.  No one is tackling seniors in the parking lots that I've seen.  They are asking if you are in the high risk group to stay sheltered a little longer.  Just a reminder to maybe exercise some extra caution and common sense if you are not someone who absolutely needs to be out because of a family to feed or business to run for financial needs.