Respected Contributor

Re: I’m Free! 🙋🏻‍♀️

Texas has also opened up today and I'm not going anywhere. 

Honored Contributor

The Stay At Home Order expired last night here In Texas but not all is open.  Gov. Abbott is only allowing 25% occupancy in restaurants for the next two weeks and churches must still abide by the 6ft distancing in the pews.  Hairdressers and barbers along with gyms and few other things are not open until MAYBE May 18th.  Some restaurants here in my town are not going to reopen dining area because of the limited amount allowed in.  They will just stick with curb and/or drive thru.  In two weeks the 25% MAYBE increased to 50% and so on down the calendar. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Hoping for the best. We're under lockdown until after Memorial Day. There has been a spike in numbers so I guess that's a good thing.

Texas has also had a spike, with the highest number of both positive tests and deaths reported just yesterday. My city has also seen an increase in the number of hospitalizations. I think it's a spike from Easter. None of that made the governor reconsider ending the lockdown. I'm really worried about what's going to happen 3 weeks from now.

Some businesses that can open today have refused. None of our movie theaters are opening and over 50% of the restaurants are keeping their dining areas closed. My favorite pizza place hasn't been open at all, not even for takeout. I'm ordering takeout from my other favorite local places to help where I can, but I don't intend to change my own behavior at all right now. I'm staying put.

Honored Contributor

I live in NYC we're still in lock down to at least May 15.

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

Hoping for the best. We're under lockdown until after Memorial Day. There has been a spike in numbers so I guess that's a good thing.

Texas has also had a spike, with the highest number of both positive tests and deaths reported just yesterday. My city has also seen an increase in the number of hospitalizations. I think it's a spike from Easter. None of that made the governor reconsider ending the lockdown. I'm really worried about what's going to happen 3 weeks from now.

Some businesses that can open today have refused. None of our movie theaters are opening and over 50% of the restaurants are keeping their dining areas closed. My favorite pizza place hasn't been open at all, not even for takeout. I'm ordering takeout from my other favorite local places to help where I can, but I don't intend to change my own behavior at all right now. I'm staying put.

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

I know I check the East Texas count in all the counties every morning and I had noticed the spike in almost all counties.  Yesterday alone one of them (not mine) had 29 new cases added.  On Wed. of this week was the first day in the month of April that no new case was added.  My county for East Texas is the most hot, but it is the largest in this portion of Texas.  My only change is going to my son's tomorrow 40 minutes away otherwise I am staying with my same life as I know it.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@Laura14 Stay safe.

Respected Contributor

Just because a curve is flattening, doesn't mean it's going down. It just means that the amount of people diagnosed is staying the same. That means if 100 people were diagnosed  yesterday, another 100 are being diagnosed today and another 100 will be diagnosed tomorrow. That's 300 more people with the disease than there were just a few days ago. Still dangerous for those who have not yet contracted the disease.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 

I'm sooooooo jealous! We're still on lockdown here in New York State. I live in Western NY so the virus isn't bad like it is in NYC, but Cuomo is still waffling on reopening our county. I can't wait for the day I can hit the mall and eat in a restaurant again. Enjoy your freedom!

Honored Contributor

@dex   I really haven't been disrupted because I've been working as usual thoughout but the thought that I can be somewhere else makes me happy.  Smiley Happy  

Unfortunately, the store I need for birthday and Mother's Day is still closed.  Smiley Sad  Gift cards it is.  

Honored Contributor

@Buffalogal47   I plan to!  Safely.  

The governor was all over tv this morning saying play it smart because, if we start spiking again, our parole may be revoked.  Smiley Sad

I've really given this guy a hard time to put it mildly but he really does see the economics of it so I'm glad those of us that still need work and paychecks to exist in this world are getting the opportunity to do it.   First thing I've liked about him.  

Hope this works and everyone's fears are for naught.    I've got a BIL intubating Covid patients on a daily basis at the local hospital so I do see the other side plus I lost a family member this week to the virus in Philadelphia.  It's no joke.