Respected Contributor

Re: I’m Free! 🙋🏻‍♀️

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

LOL Really? That's rich!

You know what you will see? A governor who's locked down his state for another month, and whose wife and kids are now riding out that lockdown...in Florida.

The laws are for thee, and not for me...

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 ❤️❤️❤️

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I live in NYC we're still in lock down to at least May 15.

Hi @Jordan2 ! How’s everything in your area? How are you doing regarding the loss of your mom?

@Stargazer77 your so sweet to ask. I feel I was dealt a double blow dealing with the death of my mother and this isolation. I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like I can't take it anymore. It's been three months since my mother died, I don't feel like I have moved past it, I know I should go into some kind of grief counseling. I watched the first season of After Life, I heard it was good ( it's on Netflix, stars Ricky Gervais as Tony a suicidal man grieving the loss of his wife). I don't really think this was a show for me at this time! I hope you and yours are doing well at this difficult time.

@Jordan2 Hi, Jordan!  It's been a while since I logged on.  I'm sorry you're having a doubly tough time with everything going on.  You're not alone.  You've probably seen the governor (or maybe the mayor) talking about mental health servies available.  If you need help finding the info let me know.  I was just telling another poster that my descent into being a basket case started in mid-late February.  I haven't been inside a store since 3/1.  Have you been to the grocery store or are you doing delivery or other things?  I have an online friend who lives in Manhattan on the UWS and he's been going into Fairway once a week.  I ask him what the grocery store looks like every week!  Lol!  He's probably getting sick of me.  I love (and miss) the grocery store and I like hearing about what's in and out of stock!  He humors me every week.  I think a lot of Manhattan folks who could flee did so. 

I'm not following your store openings closely, are non-essential stores like Ulta allowed to be open for curbside, or I guess walk-up in the case of a lot of stores.  I think you've talked about Ulta in the past, so that's what made me ask.  My Ulta hasn't opened for curbside yet.  I think they could have opened this week, but maybe they'll hold off until next Tuesday.  I ride by to see what it looks like.  The same boxes haven't moved from the front window in two months.  I figure when the boxes are gone that will be the sign things are happening.  Anyway, it's good to hear from you.  You take good care of yourself on the other side of the river.  Hugs to you.

P.S.  Check out the TV show Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist if you have On Demand through cable.  It was the only show that would hold my attention while being a basket case.  I hope it gets renewed.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77  I do go out at least once or twice a week, to the supermarket and CVS if I need something. I don't know about group or one to one therapy, I'm not one to share. I keep things to myself. I have watched all episodes of Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist, I love the show but it had me in tears every week. I live in NYC, I think we are in lockdown until June 15, I'm getting my hair cut and colored as soon as possible. Be safe and stay well.

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2  Here's a link with some mental health resources if you choose to seek that out...

https://thrivenyc.cityofnewyork.us/mental_health_support_while_home

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*