Trusted Contributor

Re: I’m Free! 🙋🏻‍♀️

I think and this is just my opinion here, that the idea that people felt like they were in jail is ridiculous.  You were being safe at home.  It just kind of makes me sad that so many people cannot stand to be home.  If your home makes you unhappy, I think some serious changes need to be made to that home.

I love being home and honestly I have loved every minute of this, with the exception of being afraid to go out and get groceries and drive through.  I have been doing curbside pickup for groceries for well over a year.  

We start opening up on Monday and because our number 1 industry here is tourism I am not at ALL looking forward to it.  i worry about people traveling here which is what got us into this mess in the first place.

Regular Contributor

I will pray for you and all states that imo are opening too early. Happy I live in N Y and thank God for our govenor!  Our neighboring states are all doing what we are doing. A joint effort to not only flatten the curve but see a real downward  slope!

Respected Contributor

I'm in Illinois, in the northern burbs of CHicago.   We are still under Stay at Home until May 30, even though some down state are challenging it.  I'd personally rather WAIT and be extra cautious.  I've been working from home going on week 8 and will continue to do so.  I would rather not reverse any good that has been done so far.

I know it's a huge strain on many businesses.  We support our local pizza shop and take out almost every Fri or Sat from them.   

Be CAREFUL.

Respected Contributor

@Leelee1123 wrote:

I will pray for you and all states that imo are opening too early. Happy I live in N Y and thank God for our govenor!  Our neighboring states are all doing what we are doing. A joint effort to not only flatten the curve but see a real downward  slope!

I agree. I live in NJ.

Jersey Girl Strong!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Contributor

Happy for you, I'm in SC where 3 major hospitals sit pretty much empty, only doing emergency needs.  Praying they allow doctors to start some non emergency surgery.  Have a brother living in pain waiting on hip surgery.  I am not unhappy because I'm home as some here say.  We are unhappy because jobs have been taken away, not received any money.  Son is essential but his business getting less and less work so he is not able to get 40 hour week.  He is making too much to get help, but not enough to cover all his bills.  Our health system never over run here and yes we southern folks will gladly get out and back to life.  Can't believe anyone in NY or NJ think their leaders did good job.  No one in Ga is being forced out, so very happy for hairdressers, nail salon, ECT to be able to run THEIR business.

Maybe since my family were all essential and been out everyday and no illness is why I'm so comfortable getting out.  They work in landscaping, water and sewer, law office. One medical member who is X-Ray tech been sitting home as her doctors still just doing emergency work.  

Every area of our country is different, no reason for all of us to sit home because NY still struggling.

Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

@Leelee1123 wrote:

I agree. I live in NJ.

Jersey Girl Strong!

State Parks & Golf Courses opening May 2 (Saturday) in N.J.  Must wear masks & practice social distancing.  If one or the other is ignored, Gov. Murphy will shut it down w/a swiftness.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

You said no reason for all of you to stay home because N.Y. is still struggling?.....All it takes is one person with the virus in these “open” areas to start it rising all over again because they opened too early. I personally think it’s too soon to open anything yet!
Honored Contributor

I noticed way more traffic this morning than the past several weeks.  Since I continued going to my office every morning I have enjoyed less traffic each a.m.  But I am thrilled to be finally going over to the next county and seeing tomorrow my son, dil and two grandchildren.  It as been 7 weeks!  I have missed Easter and a birthday.  I will still continue my routine of just home to work and one weekly grocery store trip for awhile.  Definitely no  mall or movies ect.. but I did not do those things before anyway so no big deal for me.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Skezeldog wrote:

Happy for you, I'm in SC where 3 major hospitals sit pretty much empty, only doing emergency needs.  Praying they allow doctors to start some non emergency surgery.  Have a brother living in pain waiting on hip surgery.  I am not unhappy because I'm home as some here say.  We are unhappy because jobs have been taken away, not received any money.  Son is essential but his business getting less and less work so he is not able to get 40 hour week.  He is making too much to get help, but not enough to cover all his bills.  Our health system never over run here and yes we southern folks will gladly get out and back to life.  Can't believe anyone in NY or NJ think their leaders did good job.  No one in Ga is being forced out, so very happy for hairdressers, nail salon, ECT to be able to run THEIR business.

Maybe since my family were all essential and been out everyday and no illness is why I'm so comfortable getting out.  They work in landscaping, water and sewer, law office. One medical member who is X-Ray tech been sitting home as her doctors still just doing emergency work.  

Every area of our country is different, no reason for all of us to sit home because NY still struggling.

@Skezeldog  Yes, I believe our leaders in NY and NJ are doing a good job. In our small town we have had no more of our friends die since stay at home orders. We are very happy about that. Hopefully no more deaths of friends for us.we also can go for walks, go for drives, go grocery shopping, pick up food. The doors on our homes are open for us to go out.

Please, go out and enjoy yourself.

Honored Contributor

Our sour old Mayor won't let the kids out to play in defiance of the state.  Mean old mama she is.   Wants to make a name for herself.  SO far, it's not a great name!