Honored Contributor

As long as everything arrived as ordered and you are happy with your purchases, that is a good thing!   I can imagine how much time it took to go through the boxes., Now you can rest and relax, another perk, have fun!

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I woke to a pile of several packages on my front porch.  Dragged them all inside.  After my shower with an ex-large coffee from Dunkin Donuts, I opened and cut up all the boxes.  Took them out to recyclable garbage container.  Next, the sets of Lenox ornaments from the recent TSV were opened, unwrapped each one (which consisted of removing two plastic bags, tissue) and removed sticker from each one, and put them back in the plastic bags.  That was 28 ornaments.  My fingers are sore!!  I put them all together in a plastic container because I want to use them all over my Xmas tree.  They are bigger than I expected so I hope they look OK.  I planned on using just those (maybe some of those tiny ball ornaments I have).  I wanted to use some ribbon I saw on one of Valeries trees.  I think it was H221132 set of four 9' decorative tinsel ribbon, but that's a lot of ribbon.  I wish it came in sets of two then I could get two different colors.

Anyway, my Martha Stewart sweater arrived.  I'd been eyeing it for months.  I finally bit the bullet.  A372025 Animal Jacquard Mock-Neck Sweater.  My first purchase of her clothing.  It's very soft and nice.  

New shoe purchase from SpringStep.  Sephora purchase.  A Patricia Nash purse from HSN.

Let's see, oh, and SunJo tire kit so when winter comes I don't have to run to local gas station in the freezing cold to put air in my tires (which happens sooooo many times during the winter.)

I think that's it.  I'm tired and hungry now.  I need a nap first.  

And best thing, my husband is busy making something smell.  Some kind of sauce or salsa that includes sour cherries and several kinds of hot peppers.  It's smelling up the entire house but at least it kept him away from me and out of my hair.  I didn't have to listen to any of his nasty comments about my purchases.  

I suggest u don't cut up the boxes immediately. Hold on to them for 30 days in case u have to return an item or items. I keep all the paperwork and note which paperwork goes with which box.  I'm on nextdoor dot com - and I keep those boxes in my garage (all sizes) - when I have around 10 - I post on nextdoor as people always need boxes for storing things or moving. I don't break down the boxes. 

Honored Contributor

Forgot to mention this little mistake.  So I should have had 28 ornaments in total.  I counted all the little boxes about five times and kept coming up with 27.  I was like "oh no, now I will have to repack one set to return since one was missing.  I was slightly upset at that point, until I looked and there it was in my chair.  I had been sitting on it the entire time."  Duh!

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Exhausted

[ Edited ]

@Big Joanie here is the recipie.  Please forgive the explicit intense step-by-step instructions; he's a bit intense about these things.  And you don't have to use each particular brand.  It's not necessary.

Smoky Sour Cherry Tequila Salsa 2020

Ingredients:

• 433 g from 2 red onions (diced) (3 cups. Measured after prep)
  • 22g (4 tsp) from 3 large cloves garlic, (peeled and minced)
  • 10 tbsp freshly-squeezed lime juice (3 limes)
  • 44 g chopped fresh cilantro leaves (1 bunch)
  • 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (Goya brand)
  • 33 g from 3 small serrano pepper (diced)
  • 191 g from 10 jalepeño peppers (diced)(1 quart picked)
  • 41 g from 3 small Fresno Red pepper (diced)
  • 3 Poblano peppers
  • 1436 g (after drained) dark sour cherries (chopped)
  • 160 g Billington’s Dark Brown Molasses sugar
  • ¼ cup Jose Cuervo Especial Gold tequila
  • 2 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet Selects Himalayan Pink Salt
  • ½ teaspoon freshly ground McCormick Peppercorn Medley
  • 1 teaspoon Organic McCormick Smoked Paprika

Instructions:

Lightly brush the three Poblano peppers with olive oil then place on non-stick foil on grill until they are lightly charred. Turn several times to ensure even cooking. Remove and place in zip lock bag to aid in skin removal. (Alternative: oven roast for 20 min @ 400˚)

Peel and dice the onion, set aside.

Peel and mince the garlic, add to the onion.

Squeeze the lime juice, set aside.

Wash and chop the coriander, set aside.

Seed and mince the Jalapeño peppers, Serrano peppers, and Fresno Red peppers. Set aside..

Remove outer thin skin from the roasted Poblano peppers then remove seeds. Cut into large chunks.

Place Poblano chunks, Chipotle peppers, and all Adobo sauce from can into a food processor then chop finely.

Wash the cherries. Stem and pit them.

In a large non-reactive pot, put the onion, garlic, sugar, and lime juice.

Turn the burner onto medium heat, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.

Add the chopped drained cherries, the fresh coriander, and the minced peppers.

Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring often.

Add the tequila, salt, pepper, a paprika. Bring back to a boil.

Remove from heat.

Pack hot into 8oz (½ US pint) jars or 16oz (US pint) jars. Leave ½ inch headspace. Debubble, adjust headspace.

Wipe jar rims.  Put lids on. Process in a water bath or steam canner.

Process either size jar for 15 minutes. Increase time as needed for your altitude.  Best after at least a month of jar time.

Yield:  (10) 8oz Ball Elite

Respected Contributor

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO POST

THE RECIPE .... IT SOUNDS YUMMY ....

Appreciate it .....

Valued Contributor
@Imtep Very nice post. So vivid. I could picture you going about your day. I’m glad you liked your purchases.
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 

What a fun way to be "exhausted"🙂🙂

I have been really good about not buying anything from QVC especially since the last 5 things I bought from Temptations & VPH were quite disappointing.  Cost me big $$$ just to see how poorly made they were☹️☹️

Enjoy your new purchases!!!

Honored Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO POST

THE RECIPE .... IT SOUNDS YUMMY ....

Appreciate it .....

You're very welcome.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@rms1954 

What a fun way to be "exhausted"🙂🙂

I have been really good about not buying anything from QVC especially since the last 5 things I bought from Temptations & VPH were quite disappointing.  Cost me big $$$ just to see how poorly made they were☹️☹️

Enjoy your new purchases!!!

Thanks.  It was fun and I enjoyed myself.  I'm sorry your purchases were disappointing.  I hate when that happens.  Actually the only two from QVC items were the Lenox ornaments and the sweater.  The rest were from elsewhere.  The Jim Shore item I bought off Amazon cuz it sold out on QVC.  It was just a little reindeer.  He's so cute --  his little face and butt really made me smile.  

I haven't had such a good day in a long time.

Respected Contributor

Well,there are two kinds of tired: bad tired and good tired. You have good tired. Enjoy all your new things.