Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma Yes.  My fingers get cracked and dry as soon as it gets cold.  I couldn't wait to get home to wash my hands.  I was in tears.

@rms1954   What a cruel thing your husband did.  I am so sorry he did that to you.  I hope he apologized and did something nice for you to make up for it.

Take care.

He did not apologize.  He thinks an apology on his part is beneath him.  It admits doing something wrong.  He NEVER admits he's wrong nor does he apologize.  He even said "I thought you knew you should not touch them, you being the great cook you are I thought you would know better."  I should have known something was up because on the rare occasion that we are shopping together, when I choose fruit or veggies he always puts them back because they do not suit him so he has to pick what he feels is the better piece.  

Respected Contributor

He did not apologize.  He thinks an apology on his part is beneath him.  It admits doing something wrong.  He NEVER admits he's wrong nor does he apologize.  He even said "I thought you knew you should not touch them, you being the great cook you are I thought you would know better."  I should have known something was up because on the rare occasion that we are shopping together, when I choose fruit or veggies he always puts them back because they do not suit him so he has to pick what he feels is the better piece.  

wow

Honored Contributor

There are always two sides to every situation and we don't know his side of things and I'm sure he has some great redeming qualities, but just from what is written here--the husband seems like the most exhausting part of this story.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 Well, I know exactly what you mean and I'm not going to do anything but express sympathy.

I was feeling the same thing Saturday getting ready for Monday cardboard pickup.  Some of the boxes were very difficult to break down, some big, etc.  I was exhausted.

We get cardboard pickup every other Monday and I am absolutely sick of dealing with boxes. I have no choice though-not going to stores.  And it also makes a mess in the house.  So I DO feel your pain but right now it is what it is! 

I was thinking how sorry I feel for people who are shut in, even older than me or in poor health.  Must be very very difficult for them. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@rms1954 Well, I know exactly what you mean and I'm not going to do anything but express sympathy.

I was feeling the same thing Saturday getting ready for Monday cardboard pickup.  Some of the boxes were very difficult to break down, some big, etc.  I was exhausted.

We get cardboard pickup every other Monday and I am absolutely sick of dealing with boxes. I have no choice though-not going to stores.  And it also makes a mess in the house.  So I DO feel your pain but right now it is what it is! 

I was thinking how sorry I feel for people who are shut in, even older than me or in poor health.  Must be very very difficult for them. 

I usually throw the boxes in the container but it makes my husband angry when I don't cut them up.  My hands and fingers have weakened and I don't have much strength.  He says to leave them for him but that means it will never get done and pile up.  Not gonna do that.  

I also think about others who may be alone without any one to help them.  I don't know anyone like that but if I did I would certainly help out where I can.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It's like the day after Christmas. So much packaging to rip up and put out in the garbage. Finding homes for everything. It's a kind of good tired.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Exhausted

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 

Enjoy your purchases! Woman Very Happy

I like hot and spicy food....thanks for posting the recipe .....I might try it....    And I understand about selecting peppers...... it can be a very painful experience!

Persian Cats Dress Up As Postal Workers For Halloween - Go Travel Blogger

USPS Will Deliver Some Non-Amazon Packages On Sundays – Consumerist

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Re: I'm Exhausted

[ Edited ]

@rms1954   Wow, what a fun thing, yes, but a good tired.  Glad you enjoyed your purchases.  Sounds like you had fun!  I have not tried any MS clothing, but many here say the like their MS fashion purchases.  

Sorry for the shopping issue issue with the peppers.  Kind of makes me sad.  Be careful!  A mean trick.  

Hope you got your nap!  I have not shopped or ordered much, since Covid, but had a box arrive.  Couldn’t think!  Trying to remember what the heck did I order, here it was a waitlist Diamonique ring, I totally forgot about.  It was near the 45 days so I forgot about it, but a nice surprise!  

Thanks for sharing your fun day!  Glad you had fun.  

Honored Contributor

@lynnie61 wrote:

@rms1954   Wow, what a fun thing, yes, but a good tired.  Glad you enjoyed your purchases.  Sounds like you had fun!  I have not tried any MS clothing, but many here say the like their MS fashion purchases.  

Sorry for the shopping issue issue with the peppers.  Kind of makes me sad.  Be careful!  A mean trick.  

Hope you got your nap!  I have not shopped or ordered much, since Covid, but had a box arrive.  Couldn’t think!  Trying to remember what the heck did I order, here it was a waitlist Diamonique ring, I totally forgot about.  It was near the 45 days so I forgot about it, but a nice surprise!  

Thanks for sharing your fun day!  Glad you had fun.  

Thanks.  I didn't nap and today I'm kind of tired.  How nice that you got a surprise package, and jewelry!  Did you like the ring?  I hope so.