Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Done Trying To Find "Stuff."

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:
Spoiler

@esmerelda  Thanks, none in the house and our liquor stores aren't essential.  Wanna bet?

I did see where the WWE has been declared essential in FL.  Gee, how did that happen?

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

The guys on ESPN were laughing about the WWE being essential....what is up with Florida.....Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Hoarding doesn't always work. I was talking to a woman recently who always kept a large stockpile of toilet paper in her basement from long before the virus hit. Whenever it was on sale she'd buy it and stash it in her basement. She was buying it faster than she was using it so she'd built up quite a reserve. She had a pipe break right over her TP stockpile, soaking it all and ruining it and now she's got none and is relying on napkins until she can find some more TP. If you're going to hoard, you need to find safe places to stash it. You can think you're prepared for anything only to have God prove you wrong.

@gardenman 

It's called Karma and it's pronounced HA-HA-HA! funny Grumpy Cat ...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@hayseed00 wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2We still don't have paper towels, slim choice of toilet paper and no chance in H E double toothpicks of purchasing flour !!!

@hayseed00 

Perhaps you could make your own flour.

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Flour

That's what we do.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  The recommended % of alcohol is 60%. You can go higher higher of course .

Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach wrote:

My husband and I can't figure out what in the hail people are doing with all this "stuff"..  what did they do before this happened?  If they'd just buy their weekly groceries, everyone would have "stuff". 

Personally, I think every store should make "stuff" limited- there's no need to have 1200 rolls of tpaper, how much can one family S*** in one week, no more than before all of this..  Woman Wink

@Suziepeach 

Oh, some of them try to sell part of their stash to make some extra cash....But when no one is buying, and like you said they can only use so much, thats a lot of money in a budget tied up in TP.....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes disinfectant wipes no longer seem to exist.

Don't know how the schools can open consider they rarely disinfect anything, cleaning only is sweeping the floor and dump trash once a day. 

Mass transit and school buses even worse.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Suziepeach wrote:

My husband and I can't figure out what in the hail people are doing with all this "stuff"..  what did they do before this happened?  If they'd just buy their weekly groceries, everyone would have "stuff". 

Personally, I think every store should make "stuff" limited- there's no need to have 1200 rolls of tpaper, how much can one family S*** in one week, no more than before all of this..  Woman Wink

@Suziepeach 

Oh, some of them try to sell part of their stash to make some extra cash....But when no one is buying, and like you said they can only use so much, thats a lot of money in a budget tied up in TP.....

@Spurt and thank goodness several stores won't give a refund either.  That's a darn shame, who'd of thunk, paper products of all things? 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

About two weeks ago I was wheeling my grocery cart into my building and I saw a sign taped to the door.  We have a big one about Covid do's and don'ts,but this one said (by my memory)

"We have been notified that a resident or residents in your building have tested positive for corona and are self quarantining at the direction of the Dept. of Health.  We have deep cleaned all public areas" and it goes on.

That was a strange feeling.  It reminded me of 9/11 and the anthrax scare.  I kinda felt, now this?  There's really not much more I can do.  There's no hand sanitizer anywhere and hasn't been for weeks.  You'd think they would ship it in to Covid Central, but then maybe it makes more sense to send it to other areas of the country.  But it seems to me there's absolutely no rhyme or reason to these shortages in different areas.  It's all just random.

Honored Contributor

I am not into buying a lot of cleaning products.  

“Cleaning” to me means a solution of Lysol or Mr Clean, so there are bottles of such under the kitchen sink, and you will never find this house without 4-5 bottles of bleach.  

I buy bleach wipes for quick daily wipe downs in our bathrooms, and trucker daughter carries them to clean in the big truck after each run.   

I hate needing something and not having it, but the one thing I hate even more is shopping.   I look at shopping as time wasted that I can’t get back, so when I have to go to the store, I make it count.  

The goal is for me to walk out of that store with everything my family is going to need for months, so that final checkout total might be anywhere from $300-$700, but it gives me a lot of peace to live my life without needing things that now cannot be found.   

Respected Contributor

@stuyvesant wrote:

About two weeks ago I was wheeling my grocery cart into my building and I saw a sign taped to the door.  We have a big one about Covid do's and don'ts,but this one said (by my memory)

"We have been notified that a resident or residents in your building have tested positive for corona and are self quarantining at the direction of the Dept. of Health.  We have deep cleaned all public areas" and it goes on.

That was a strange feeling.  It reminded me of 9/11 and the anthrax scare.  I kinda felt, now this?  There's really not much more I can do.  There's no hand sanitizer anywhere and hasn't been for weeks.  You'd think they would ship it in to Covid Central, but then maybe it makes more sense to send it to other areas of the country.  But it seems to me there's absolutely no rhyme or reason to these shortages in different areas.  It's all just random.

@stuyvesant, The hand sanitizer situation is really perplexing isn't it?  But according to articles in the Wall Street Journal and CNBC, a big problem is the hand sanitizer is one of the medical products needed here that is impacted by the tariff situation with China.  The makers of Purell has actually requested it be removed from the tariff list a while ago, but no action has been taken by the administration at this date.

That is why so many distilleries started making it.  But they are giving high priority to health care professionals and first responders.  

In the meantime, people need the hand sanitizer for when they go out to get groceries, etc.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *