Valued Contributor

Re: I'm Done Trying To Find "Stuff."

Do you have household 3% hydrogen peroxide in your house? I read an article that it kills the virus but it said you have to leave it on the surface 7-8 minutes without wiping it, touching it, etc.. Don’t dilute it. I bought some. It was easier to find than alcohol. I emptied and rinsed a pump hairspray I had in the house, and filled it with the peroxide.

If it’s only you and your daughter at home and you only go to the grocery store, or other essential places, you should need to disinfect (only what you’ve touched) only when you come home from those places.
Honored Contributor

I can not find boneless,skinless chicken breasts.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

My husband and I can't figure out what in the hail people are doing with all this "stuff"..  what did they do before this happened?  If they'd just buy their weekly groceries, everyone would have "stuff". 

Personally, I think every store should make "stuff" limited- there's no need to have 1200 rolls of tpaper, how much can one family S*** in one week, no more than before all of this..  Woman Wink

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I can not find boneless,skinless chicken breasts.

@goldensrbest 

For quite a while I haven't been able to find any kind of chicken at all, but got lucky yesterday and found boneless, skinless breasts at Publix and drumsticks at Kroger.

Maybe the chicken shortage is starting to ease up? Both had a limit of 2 packages.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@cherry wrote:

This will work in a pinch. If you have any cologne you don't mind using , spritz some into your palm, and use it like hand sanitizer. It contains alcohol. I read an article about it the other day. The Turks have done this as part of their culture forever

@cherry   Thought to be a sanitizer, the substance had to contain 90% alcohol.  

Colognes have about 3–5% perfume oil mixed with 80–90% alcohol with about 5 to 15 percent water in the mix.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, the thread title made my day lol. I get the picture, too.

Luckily, I've always had wipes on hand for eating out, and have always used 70% wintergreen IA for cleaning ( empty Method spray bottles are the best 👍), so I still have plenty of that on hand.

TP is available, and so is paper toweling. In fact, I've even been able to find the full sheets (even a pandemic won't drive me to buy the split sheets lol) without hunting.

On two different occasions recently, I was at Walmart when hand sanitizers were being restocked while I was perusing the wide selection of bar soap. I didn't need the sanitizer, but there was soon a "to-do" behind me over the one-per-customer limit. Wegmans has had TP for some time, and so does Big Lots.

What I am finding scarce are certain food items. The OJ we generally prefer is hard to come by now, and I've had to alert grocery store staff that the 2% milk needs to be restocked. It's hit or miss to find Celentano frozen gnocchi (😳) at Wegmans now, but Tops has Mama Whatshername gnocchi. And forget Wegmans handy pkgs of peeled garlic (my one concession to convenience)--they've been gone for weeks, and the one pkg in our freezer is dwindling. Like many others here have noted, I've discovered other sources for certain food items--like Pede Bros 13-oz pkgs of frozen cheese ravioli at Dollar Tree. A family friend suggested these, and no wonder they're so popular in NYC. Plus, they're one of only two brands I've found can be prepared in the microwave (how I like to cook them these days) WITHOUT getting "pasty." Also, when Wegmans and Tops had no jarred sauce, it was Dollar General to the rescue, with our favorite Ragu traditional style.

So it's hit-and-miss for some things, surprising abundance for others, and some new, pleasant discoveries! But I'm definitely not hunting for things. Most of the time, I don't have to, anyway.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

Going into this I had one small and already open container of Clorox wipes. I'm using soap and water on everything and using the wipes only for things I can't leave in my entry way for a while (I have a grocery quarantine spot) or for when I just can't with the soap and water anymore that day.

I use soap and water on all my frequently touched cabinet, drawer, and appliance handles. I used wipes on a cardboard carton of milk and washed the plastic container with soap and water.

I've been lucky with delivery items and, so far, haven't had to go to the store myself. I've been doing delivery of groceries, household items like laundry soap, medications, and takeout. I did go out and get gas after the first week in case I do need to go somewhere and I didn't use wipes, I just washed everything - including my credit card - as soon as I got home.

I feel very fortunate I've been able to stay inside as much as I have.

Honored Contributor

I've managed to live my entire adult life without Lysol spray (can't tolerate the scent/fumes) and I'm doing ok so far.  If I survive  this pandemic and we have a lull before the second wave and stores restock, I still won't buy any. 

And I've never really been a big wipes fan.  I feel like they leave residue and then I feel compelled to wipe it all off with wet paper towels.  I just don't use them. 

I DID buy one tub of Clorox wipes just before they disappeared from the shelves. I haven't opened the tub yet. 

I was also able to buy 2 travel sized packs of Clorox wipes at the same time. I have almost used one pack. Hate them. Hate the smell. Feel like they leave residue.  But I have reluctantly used some. 

I do have a supply of unscented Wet Ones.  I know they are not the same thing, but I like those and use the unscented. 

And while we have had a really small bottle of Clorox bleach, for years, I never ever use it.  Again, can't handle the smell. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@hayseed00 wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2We still don't have paper towels, slim choice of toilet paper and no chance in H E double toothpicks of purchasing flour !!!

I finally found all purpose flour at Janie's Mill web site. If you are willing to over pay and pay for shipping it was available yesterday. 

I'm sure I spent a couple of hours searching. 

Honored Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

I'm with you.  I'm not spending time looking.  Lucky for me I purchase in bulk so I had a supply of Bleach, cleaning wipes, Lysol and paper products when everything started shutting down so I didn't go on a crazy hoarding shopping spree.  After 1 month I'm finally starting to see paper towel on the shelves in Michigan but no cleaning products.  Hoping that we have enough for a few more weeks.

I feel that all of these cleaning supplies are being donated to hospitals and other first responders in the area so the rest of us can't find them.

@mimomof4 

Same here...paper products are re-appearing on the shelves but no cleaning products....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”