Esteemed Contributor

@Kitlynn wrote:

You can soak it off and do it using dish soap or alcohol. However I don't think you should. I know it is a pain for you to deal with but I feel like you should call them back and have them come and take care of the problem. We have gotten to the point of just letting ourselves accept poor customer service and that is why it is beginning to not exist. When you pay for something it should be to your satisfaction and you should never feel guilty about that. Now it can be done in a nice manner but companies really do need to be held liable for their actions.

Good advice.  I agree one hundred percent that the store should be called to have someone come to the house to do the job right.  Should the owner attempt to do it and in the  process leave a mark nothing further can be done.  The store needs to be responsible to fix the problem no matter how minor.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I don't think it's too much to ask the dealer to make things right for you. It's very hard to get people to work in delivery and repair anymore who actually know what good quality and expectation of good service is. I would tell the dealer to get someone who knows what they are doing to detail the fridge the way you want it or to have someone come and pick it up.

Trusted Contributor

Well, I called the store I bought the refrigerator from and they are going to send out a service person on December 12 to take the handle off and remove the sticker. 

Thanks for all your encouragement to do the right thing--making the store correct the workmanship.  Now here's hoping the appointment will be kept.  You can be assured that I will look things over with an eagle's eye before they leave the next time.

Thanks, again.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

Since you had to wait additionally for someone to come out to change the handle, why didn't you remove all the stickers on the frig since you knew you were keeping it? As soon as a new appliance is delivered to me, I have the stickers off immediately.

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

If it was my appliance, I'd have them come out and make it right.  On a brand new refrigerator, I'm sorry, I wouldn't be messing around with trying to get a sticker off myself.  They messed up, they can fix it. I have no tolerance for that kind of stuff anymore!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm Doing a Slow Burn

[ Edited ]

@Mj12 wrote:

You can probably remove the handle, take off the sticker, and reinstall the handle.  We switched the handle for our new fridge a while ago, it's pretty easy.

ETA - and I know it's a pain but this is why we need to "supervise' all repair people.  

Exactly!  I'm not faulting the OP because of course it should have been done correctly, but I always check any work that's done in my house (no matter how minor, no matter how well I know the person or how much I trust them) before they leave.  I look closely at everything while they're still there and I let them know if something is not right so they can take care of it right away.  

(I see that the OP called, and they're sending someone to take care of the problem.  That's good news.  It might be a little thing, but it certainly would be annoying.  I'm glad there will be a good outcome!)