Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Disappointed in My Co-workers

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 -

and so many others, it makes me happy to see there are many more posters that are kind, caring, and thinking of their fellow human beings,

even though it has been incredibly disheartening to read so many unkind posts to fellow posters.

So thank youSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

I had an argument with a friend of mine about this and we did not speak for a couple of days.  She thinks its all a big joke too and nobody is going to keep her from going anywhere she wants.  I complained about the Saturday St. Patrick;s overflowing bars.  She said it's St. Patrick's Day celebration - so what?  She just sort of laughed and gave me that look like you poor stupid woman.  And she is in the age group (as am I) that needs to be concerned about this.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Everybody, except for one, is treating this virus  like it's a joke.

It isn't a joke.

This is why I prefer my cats over ( most) people.

My co-workers range in age from early 20's to 65+.

I'm right there with you, I like my animals more than most people too. 

There are some folks I know who are treating it like a joke also. I've heard every kind of conspiracy theory that I think people can imagine on the corona virus. How they think this is some kind of an hoax is beyond me. Its affecting the dang whole world. 

I do not understand people, and I'm beginning to think I'm better off quaranting myself from the general public anyhow and I havne't even been exposed to it that I know of and I am not sick. 

Respected Contributor

I think there are posters here who take it as a joke.  From what I've been told I might know someone who needs to be tested.   I haven't seen them since Christmas.

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

You know Covid-19 is real. Continue to do whatever you have to do at your workplace to limit your exposure. If the jokers laugh, let them laugh. He who laughs last has the best laugh and that would be you. You are the knowledgeable one! Let them all yada, yada and be foolish. Keep smiling and try not to defend yourself. Your silence will annoy them.

Honored Contributor

Seems like a number of people on this board joked about it until very recently.

Some still think it's just a lot of media hype.

SMH

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I had one co-worker complain that there wasn't any restaurants open.

She hates to cook, because that means that she has to clean afterwards.

@Anonymous032819 Tell her to get a can of tuna!!!

Respected Contributor

@Warrior2022 wrote:

I hear you.  My husbands coworkers also seem to think it's a joke.  One is hacking up a storm!  They all think my husband is crazy because he took lysol wipes in today.  He came home early and left them there!  Bet 100 bucks, they aren't there tomorrow.

My husband is of senior age and I have just been diagnosed with cancer.  So yes, I am terrified!

Your husband is a very smart man.  God bless you and pray you defeat your diagnosis.  I am also terrified as I am 74. 

Trusted Contributor

It's not a joke, but we've gotten through worse without panicking.  H1N1 anyone? Now we're doing just that and trillions are gone (okay, the gas war is the big story no one is talking about) .  People who've gotten through it already don't understand the hysteria, and reports are that Italy may have told their hospitals to let the elderly die.  

Today people couldn't get through what we did in WWII.  Sad.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 

just curious......in what ways are they taking it as a joke?

@sunshine45 

That we don't need to quarantine at home, that limiting groups to ten people or less is silly, that it isn't as serious as it is.

I have been hearing comments like this--that "it's being blown out of proportion, etc."--by some who should know better in my local media.

I was so upset, that I had to stop listenting.