Esteemed Contributor

I'm Crying Already

[ Edited ]

I remember when the origional "The Lion King" came out in 1994. (Wow! Has it really been 25 years already?) I was 23 years old at the time.

Fast forward to 2012 and I saw the stage production of "The Lion King" in Las Vegas, and as soon as the lights went down, and the music started, so did my tears, because I knew what was going to happen to Mufasa.

Now, they are doing the re-make of it, and of course I am going to go see it.

Thing is, I'm already in tears knowing what's going to happen to Mufasa.

With my dad having passed four months ago, I know that it's going to hit especially hard.

I plan on bringing plenty of tissues!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Regular Contributor

Re: I'm Crying Already

[ Edited ]

I completely understand but I can't go see it,  I get too emotional the older I get. I hope you love it and I'll be thinking about you. 

Valued Contributor

I still cry when I think of Bambi's mom.  

Honored Contributor

I remember watching it with my children and I couldn't stop crying e

ither. I never wanted to watch it again but it was one of their favorite movies and they wanted to get it after seeing it. I didn't want to but I finally did.

I do love the songs.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819  So sorry about your dad, I think any exposure to loss will naturally spark the remembrance of your dad. Take good care and be gentle with yourself.

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

So sorry about the loss of your father.

Having said that, I also love the animated Lion King and am looking forward to the new version.

I watched tonight's episode of CNN's "The Movies" (focusing on the 90's) and was astounded that Jon Favreau is the director of this live version.  I only know him as an actor in fluff comedies in movies and TV.

Denise
Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

@Anonymous032819 

So sorry about the loss of your father.

Having said that, I also love the animated Lion King and am looking forward to the new version.

I watched tonight's episode of CNN's "The Movies" (focusing on the 90's) and was astounded that Jon Favreau is the director of this live version.  I only know him as an actor in fluff comedies in movies and TV.

@denisemb 

He's been directing for quite a while now.

Valued Contributor

Over 120 critics have already reviewed it, and a majority have said it’s not good. The consensus is that it’s souless and basically a carbon copy of the animated version without any imagination or depth. One issue constantly pointed out is how there is only so much that CGI can do to make an animal’s face look expressive without it looking unnatural, so a lot of the emotion doesn’t read or falls flat. From what I’ve read, it will probably do just as well at the box office as the live action remakes of “Beauty and the Beast” and “Aladdin,” and the average+minded, adult movie goers will probably enjoy it for nostalgic purposes. However, the problem might be that the kids these adults take to see it may just end up bored.

Contributor

I must be the only person that never saw the origanal and does not plan on seeing this one.  I was 20 in 1994 and I never thought it looked interesting then or now.  Never mind wanting to not see the stage show.

Disney is OK. But I seem to be drawn more to the Pixar side of the house. It seems more innovative to me. 

The Disney movies I do like I seem to perfer the ones that some adult humor. Maybe that is why I liked Aladdin as it had Robin Williams in it.   The new Aladdin was more singing than I thought. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm Crying Already

[ Edited ]

I won't watch because I don't have young kids that are interested

but I always think of all the unwanted animals alone at shelters.

That to me is even sadder than any movie.The real animals

waiting and waitng for their owners to return that I see when 

I volunteer.

If I was into acting and had to cry, I could do it in an

instant.