Respected Contributor

Re: I'm Bringing Something for Easter Dinner

Wow ! This whole story sounds scarily familiar to my family, including how long my Mom has been gone.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

And HELP !!! I am so lonely for a really nice group to spend Easter with. Just a fond Hello will do !! Smiley Wink Woman Indifferent Heart Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Thank-You So Much !! "Happy Easter" And be safe !! Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@BeccaLou, Sending you my heartfelt wishes for a Happy Easter over the miles.  Wish you could come with us, as we are all going out to eat.  We take turns entertaining, but this year has been crazy, and it’s so much work.  For entertainment there’s our GC, boy of 11, girl of 6.  Our grandson is more of a quiet boy, but granddaughter is a little hoot.  Oh my, she has my sense of humor.  After we eat, DH and I will head home for a very long nap.  Thinking of you, kiddo.  All my best,

Pam

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

And HELP !!! I am so lonely for a really nice group to spend Easter with. Just a fond Hello will do !! Smiley Wink Woman Indifferent Heart Woman Happy

@BeccaLou   Awww becca lou- if you lived near us you could come to DS's house for dinner.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

I do remeber something like that. But who was Matta related to ? Now no mentione of Easter. That show went by the wayside. Not enjoyable. Just mean and crazy. If it came on at night I's would have "Night Mares "

Meta Bauer was Bill Bauer's sister. I think an original character on the Guiding Light the longest running on air drama , 57 years until it ended in 2009.  Are we talking about the same show? I can't imagine thinking of it as mean and crazy. It was a beloved soap that followed the Bauer family and others introduced through the years. I miss it and AS The World Turns.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PamfromCT wrote:

OK, I’ve told this story before.  Hey, I’m old, I repeat myself.

My mother was a very good cook and baker.  But didn’t do cake decorating.  Several years after I married, she and I decided we would make a bunny cake for all the family for Easter.  Mind you, cooking and baking have never been my thing.

We improvised, coconut for the fur, etc.  No pattern or anything.  We thought it looked good.  However, while everyone politely admired our masterpiece, bunny had different ideas.  The bunny’s haunches (sp?) started to separate more and more.  It was quite a sight!

Mom has been in heaven just about ten years now, but every Easter I laugh thinking about that wayward bunny cake.  Bet she’s remembering and laughing, too!

My mother enjoyed cooking and baking but died when I was 18.  She took a Wilton cake decorating class through the local community college for fun and took the time to make pretty halfway decent decorated cakes.  

Never inherited that gene - I tried once to make a decorated cake but that didn't end well.   I'm impatient so I don't know why I even tried.  If I have to bring dessert - I make a bundt cake that you let cool and drizzle glaze over it.  Problem solved! 

Trusted Contributor

@PamfromCT  What a beautiful, heart warming story !!!

Respected Contributor

LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

image.jpeghttp://bostonsfloral.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/flowerfail-15.jpgDon’t forget the flowers🤣