Honored Contributor

Re: I love to hear the name Kennebunkport

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Two places come to mind, both with names that roll off the tongue.  I find myself saying them over and over.  They are both very small towns.

Balmorhea is a city in Reeves County, in the U.S. state of Texas. The population was 479 in the U.S. Census of 2010.

Tierra Amarilla is a small unincorporated community near the Carson National Forest in the northern part of the U.S. state of New Mexico. It is the county seat of Rio Arriba County. Tierra Amarilla is Spanish for "Yellow Soil"

@Kachina624 

....Been to Fort Stockton, Alpine, Marfa....Gee, I learned something new, never heard of or been to Balmorhea, Texas

@Spurt   Balmorhea is out in the arid middle of nowhere but there in a state park is the largest spring-fed pool in the world, built by the CCC in 1930s.  It covers about 1.6 acres and is up to 25ft deep.  I thin Balmorhea sounds like an Irish name but is a combo of the names of the founders of the community in 1906.  It's pronounced bal mor rey.  Grab your swimming suit and head for West Texas.

Screenshot_20200519-153819~2.png

@Spurt 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

How about chim chiminee chim chim cheer we

LOl

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624. How sad that you have to resort to personal attacks on someone who has made typos in a post. Not at all surprising though. I usually think "sad" when you post.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee   YOU the queen of personal attacks accusing someone else?  How droll.  I usually think obnoxious when you post.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Hot diggity dog !  Haven't heard that one in awhile.

Honored Contributor

My grandmother was born in Ballyshannon, Donegal. Just saying he name congers up within in me an exquisite presence of a place where I long to go, and probably except in my imagination, never will.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My word to go-to word, when I couldn't think of a name for the game of Trivial Pursuit, would always be Guantonamerra.  That's how it sounds.  (It was an old song).  One of the posts reminded me of that. LOL

Rikki Tikki Tavi  my son read that in school and I'd never heard of it prior to that.  Use to love him talking about it.

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

I love many of the native American 

Words and names ...like gitchigoomie 

For lake Superior.☺️

How about Pot a wat a me.  Pronounced.  Pottawattame. (sp)?

Yes, there's a lot of native American words here in MI.

Occasional Contributor

discombobulated
Occasional Contributor

...and kerfuffle