Re: I love to hear the name Kennebunkport

Rochambeau and Chickahominy

Esteemed Contributor

Chardonnay.............

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
In Murder She Wrote they call it Kennebunk.
Since fictional Cabot Cove is in Maine, Jessica and the sheriff have referred to it several times. I guess for residents of Maine who say it often, Kennenbunkport is just too long.😀

@Pearlee - Kennebunk and Kennebunkport are two separate towns divided by a bridge and two rivers; each with their own town centers and government.

I suppose in "Cabot's Cove" that took the place of Kennebunkport.

Respected Contributor

Shennanigans.

Cute topic - love reading the answers.  

Honored Contributor

Lake Okeechobee
O-kee-cho-bee 😂
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
In Murder She Wrote they call it Kennebunk.
Since fictional Cabot Cove is in Maine, Jessica and the sheriff have referred to it several times. I guess for residents of Maine who say it often, Kennenbunkport is just too long.😀

I live in southern maine ,there are two towns. kennebunk,and kennebuck port,where the bushes lived.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Tuscawarwas.  It is a county in Ohio.  It is an Indian word meaning old town or open mouth.  When I was young whenever my father and I would drive over any body of water he would say "What river is that?' and I always said Tuscawarwas.  We would laugh because I never said it right.  I still think of him every time I hear the word.  Good memories.

Esteemed Contributor

Years ago, we actually spent about 5 days in Kennebunkport on one of my DH's fishing excursions.   We stopped there after seeing  the sign on the interstate because I liked the sound of it.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Fun post. Hope to visit Kennebunkport in near future. Hubs and I visited Apalachicola, FL in January. Locals abbreviate it and spell 'Apalach.' Love the way they say it -- with a drawl at first then finish quickly -- sounds like Aaaaaplach.

A favorite word for me is doo dah. When I can't think of a word I say doo dah. (He picked up the doo dah) No one ever questions me. They nod like they know what I'm talking about but I think that annoying song about camptown ladies singing a song invades their skull. 

College roommate was an English major. Her favorite word is still lugubrious. (sad looking) She says it's a happy sounding word with a sad meaning.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau