Honored Contributor

It's amazing what actually speaking to someone can accomplish. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I have a flexible spending card, where I reserve quite a bit of money for prescriptions and co-pays. When I got to the end of 2013, I had about $12 and change left, but my co-pay was $15. My provider said it was no problem to charge the remainder of the card's balance and I could carry those $3 into the new year.

Are you with me so far?

So, in March, I get an e-mail from the flexible spending card company, stating that I need to submit documentation for the charge of $12. I looked through a year's worth of EOB (Explanation of Benefits) statements only to discover that the office had not yet billed insurance for the office visit. I went back to the medical provider (with a copy of the request) and asked them to fax over the documentation that proves that I was there on that date and that I charged the co-pay. If I did not submit documentation, the flexible spending card administrator threatened to shut off my debit card.

Flash forward and more than 6 months after my December office visit, the issue has been cleared up.

So yesterday I check the e-mail account connected to the debit card and I see ANOTHER request for documentation. If you've been following along (and can do simple math) you've probably already figured this out.

Yes, they want documentation for the $18 charged at the January appointment.

Insert hair pulling emoticon here

This morning, before going to the gym, I decided to CALL the benefits number and see if I could talk to a logical person. After about 10 minutes on hold, I SPOKE to someone, who agreed this was dumb, and she waved her magic wand and now the request has disappeared.

In about 60 seconds she cleared up about 6 months of paperwork.

I love HUMAN customer service! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Trusted Contributor

Re: I love talking to a HUMAN!

lola..... as long as they speak English.... for me, it is all good{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

I had a customer service live agent "James" last night, from Amazon. His English was a bit bizarre, but he understood my dilemma. {#emotions_dlg.unsure} Somehow, although I ordered three bags of the same cat litter, two arrived on the same day and one is still sitting on a shipping dock in Carlisle, PA. {#emotions_dlg.confused1} I forwarded the tracking information, and he said that most likely it was damaged, which explains why it shows that information but has not arrived. Either way, I have a replacement on the way so the kitties will be free to pee!

I DO love a good live chat too! {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Esteemed Contributor

When I rarely get a human on the phone I am in shock & forget why I called, lol.

Honored Contributor

On 7/11/2014 pupcakes said:

When I rarely get a human on the phone I am in shock & forget why I called, lol.

After the 10 minute wait time and cycling through several pre-recorded messages about how I could go online... blah, blah blah

I thought I hope I don't get the message where they are going to hang up on you but offer you the opportunity to leave your message and contact information and "someone" will get back to you. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

I like talking to animals.

Super Contributor

On 7/11/2014 pupcakes said:

Oh Man....this is SO true! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Money doesn't talk; it swears. --Bob Dylan
Honored Contributor

It was such a piddling amount, they wrote it off because it would have cost more than $18 for them to work it. And it's good customer service.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad you got that resolved.

Esteemed Contributor

I almost do cartwheels if someone with a pulse answers the phone.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein