I have a closet full of Bob Mackie tops. And I love saying Bob Mackie when ladies ask me who designed that?

Mr. Mackie I plead with you to consider us petites when designing.  I am relegated to 3/4 sleeves in your line.  I love the sleeve details you put on some of your sweaters but know better than to order them because the sleeves will be too long one me. Its actually not the sleeve per se, its that the shoulders are too wide and they fall to far down the arm making the sleeve too long.  And my bra straps show in your boat necks.

I live for the day that you may say "And this comes in petites".

Respected Contributor

Re: I love saying Bob Mackie

[ Edited ]

@Cherid wrote:

I have a closet full of Bob Mackie tops. And I love saying Bob Mackie when ladies ask me who designed that?

Mr. Mackie I plead with you to consider us petites when designing.  I am relegated to 3/4 sleeves in your line.  I love the sleeve details you put on some of your sweaters but know better than to order them because the sleeves will be too long one me. Its actually not the sleeve per se, its that the shoulders are too wide and they fall to far down the arm making the sleeve too long.  And my bra straps show in your boat necks.

I live for the day that you may say "And this comes in petites".

I also love wearing Bob Mackie. But I agree with you. I'm 5/1" and apparently I have shorter arms as most designs at the Q are hanging over my finger tips.  I have a number of Bob's silk shirts, which have button cuffs and that lets me wear them comfortably.  But I would love to see more petites in his line, as well as others.  Thanks for mentioning this and reminding me how much I enjoy his presentations and especially his CLASS!  What a gentleman Bob is.

Trusted Contributor

I enjoy watching him but have only ever bought the fleece coat with the embroidery on it.

I bought it several years ago and I'm actually quite sick of looking at it. However, every time I wear it I get compliments, even after all these years! So in the closet it stays.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Bob Mackie clothes also.  I am 5'4" and have to be cautious about what I choose.  Recently I ordered the fleece shawl collar coat and had to return it because it totally consumed me - tall gals this is the jacket for you.  This is true of the wide leg pants also.  The petite dragged on the floor.  But more things than not are perfect.  His crops are sooo comfortable and his jackets are gorgeous and fit well.