Honored Contributor

Re: I love Bob Mackie because

Professional and classy.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

20 hearts already for the OP so guess liking Bob M is 100%.  One posting I just read - but his clothes don't work for me.  Agree!  Too busy in colors - prints - and designs.  He loves to create but, to me, his ideas are in the Quacker F style.  Over done.and/or old looking.

---------------------------

I own several Mackie pieces.  I stay away from the vivid, colorful, crazy prints.  Most of what I own are one color or very muted designs....no bling!   Love his fleece and moleskin jackets. Mackie garments, that I own, are very classic and well made...last a long time!!  

But then clothing preference is definitely a personal choice!!

Respected Contributor

You gotta like a successful man who is humble, and that's Bob M.

Esteemed Contributor

I love watching him!!

Regular Contributor

Whatever one's opinion of his clothes, he is a lovely man and so very talented, to be doing all the costumes for the broadway show about Cher!

I watched his first hour yesterday and then they said his second hour would be on QVC2 so that QVC1 could show Kipling handbags......what? So I never got to watch the 2nd hour of Mr. Mackie - did anyone else think this was a really silly thing to do. Perhaps it had to do with hosting timing but whatever, I am sure that many of us who do not get QVC2on TV/cable were disappointed............

Respected Contributor

I have Bob Mackie clothes from at least twenty years ago. One of my favorites is a green silk shirt with mandarin collar and frog closures and a kitty on the front. His silk pieces have lasted forever. I also love his fleece jackets.

Respected Contributor

We are so lucky to have Bob, Louis and David!

Image result for a gentleman is hard to find

Honored Contributor

He is a true gentlemen, talented in his craft and knows how to size clothing.  The sizing in his clothing line is always CONSISTENT!!!!  I can't say the same thing of other clothing lines at QVC!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, clothing styles depend on one's individual taste, Bob's line offers many different styles and a variety.  Some are classics, some are flashy, some are casual......

I have purchased everything from embroidered t-shirts to simple casual jackets to wear with jeans, (both with no bling) to elegant tops to wear to fancy events and have never been disappointed in sizing and quality..........

To each their own, but I prefer what Bob does to all the fads QVCs other lines do, which all look the same and arent very flattering on everyone...And you can tell that when they only have the XXS and SMALL models presenting an item....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt @cherry @silkyk @hennypenny @bakergirl  @twinsister  @ItsME    and many others - Many of my favorite items of clothing are from Bob Mackie. Purchased years ago. His silk blouses and silk jackets have been classic in style and quality (no bling or wild designs on the items I bought). Like Louis Del'Olio, Bob Mackie's hands have been tied by the buyers at QVC and his fabrics limited in the past 10-15 years. It saddens me that I've not purchased anything since he is no longer able to work with heavy mm weight silks. Like LDO, Bob M. prefers to work in high quality fabrics for his amazing designs.

Just read many comments about his designs for "older people." I tend to agree . . . and I'm 70! If the younger posters would purchase quality clothing, rather than throw away items perhaps the QVC buyers would rethink the fabrics great designers like Louis Del'Olio, Bob Mackie and even Halston should be using. Their collections deserve a higher priced materials. Yes, they will be pricier; you get what you pay for. Anyone else willing to go for the best and encourage QVC to give them a chance with high-end fabrics?

My silk jackets don't have much life left in them! I need more in my closets, but when I do find them, the classic styling isn't available. I want both the quality of fabric and the striking styling and the fine workmanship found in Bob Mackie's clothing of days gone by. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.