Contributor

Re: I love Bob Mackie because

Excellent talented designer! An artist. Smiley Happy

Well spoken and a gentleman as well. The Q is lucky to have him.

Respected Contributor

I bought two pairs of slacks many years ago when I had to dress professionally every day.  These wore like iron! Total classics.  I also had a couple of his t-shirt sweaters with a pearlized/embellished neckline.  When I wore his clothes they were among my most reached for wardrobe items.

Although I haven't bought any of his clothes lately, I still love to watch him and his calm and classy presentations.

Contributor

@jpie wrote:

I bought two pairs of slacks many years ago when I had to dress professionally every day.  These wore like iron! Total classics.  I also had a couple of his t-shirt sweaters with a pearlized/embellished neckline.  When I wore his clothes they were among my most reached for wardrobe items.

Although I haven't bought any of his clothes lately, I still love to watch him and his calm and classy presentations.

Yes! Calm and class!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bob is one of my favorites; I have only bought a couple of his things but they were very high quality; most of his things are a bit too ornate for me, but I love watching him because he is such a gentleman and very courteous to the host, regardless of who it may be. He is also kind and courteous to the callers. Wish there were more men like him. He seems to be a genuine "old Hollywood" type.....

Honored Contributor

I have never found anything of his on qvc I would wear.  other women look amazing, just not for me.  But that is just personal taste.  He is the nicest person, a gentleman for sure!!!   Most of all he is one of the most talented designers ever!  Better than Edith Head in my book.  His designs for Carol  Burnett, Cher Show, and many other shows outshines anyone.  Who on the heck could come close to the beauty of his clothes, or the humeraous genious.  Ever time I think of Carol  in that curtain rod in Went With The Wind....or that red sequin pantsuit she wore as an aging Charo  ( I think it was). Omg, the breast down to the waist built in... With the butt hangin'.   I am laughing now.

his penchant for detail is one of a kind.  I love the man!  Thank you Bob Mackie for years of eye candy!