Honored Contributor

Re: I lost my cat suddenly....

When a loved one passes away suddenly and unexpectedly it is a shock.  And your heart breaks for your sons shock and grief.  Pretty hard to get through.  You all need time to process and mourn.  Talk about Diesel with each other, sharing good stories and happy moments and in time, you'll begin to feel better.  God bless your family......  Heart

Respected Contributor

@catwhispererwrote:

@mariadomenica....I am truly sorry for your loss, however,  I would take some of the comments from other posters with a grain of salt regarding taking "meds", "avoid suicidal thoughts", "maybe see a psycho therapist".

Comments like this are why I don't start threads and don't post much on these forums. SMH.

@catwhisperer@@@ I got a message you mentioned me in a post but I don't see it. I hope what you wrote didn't apply to my comment to the OP because I didn't & wouldn't do that. Be well.

Esteemed Contributor

@kitcat51  If someone quotes a previous post of yours, you get a notification.

Valued Contributor

@EatWell  What in the world is a psycho theraphist?  Psycho????  

Valued Contributor

Grief does not mean physco and I have had my share.  

Trusted Contributor

I'm so sorry for your family's loss of a special member.  I understand as I've been there a few times myself.  As others have said, you need all the time you need to grieve, there's no right or wrong amount of time, as everyone is different.   It's especially difficult as it came as a shock.  Also, your poor son, your husband and your other cat, in addition to you, are all feeling pain.  

I felt like I would never recover too, especially after the loss of my dog.  Like you said, the void was unbearable.  I did get another dog about 2 months after my dog passed, only because I couldn't bear the void.  I wasn't sure I was doing the right thing, but once I got my Cody, I knew it was right.  I still longed for my other dog, but it became easier to bear because I had this new dog that needed my love and attention and I wasn't so focused on my loss.   But this choice may not be right for you.  In that case, just give yourself time.  Cry all you can, it's not good to keep grief inside.  Talking about your baby helps and is therapeutic.   

The saying "Time Heals All Wounds" is true...I NEVER thought I'd ever think it, but it is true.   With time, I came to know I gave my baby love and attention and a good home...some animals, sadly, never get any of these things. 

Take care of yourself and your family and each day will get a little easier.  Let us know how you're doing! XO f 

Respected Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillowwrote:

@kitcat51  If someone quotes a previous post of yours, you get a notification.

I did get a notification that said the poster mentioned me in her post but I didn't see my name....maybe it was deleted, I'm not sure. I never intended to hurt the OP feelings & hope my post wasn't taken that way. I volunteer at a hospital & often listen to people dealing with grief, it can overwhelm & swallow you up if there isn't an outlet for your feelings. Thanks for taking the time to contact me.

Honored Contributor

OP, so sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet kitty. Just wanted to tell you that I have a cat named Diesel also. 

"Pure Michigan"