Esteemed Contributor

I lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks. I have been trying to lose weight for a long time but was unable to, due to lack of much exercise because of my bad back. So i had given up! I need to lose more, so that is the only good thing to come out of these nightmare times.

And here's the BUT; I lost it because I am eating yes, but just cant eat much at all, since this virus thing hit, worrying about my son (who has epilepsy) working. And also now that my husband (Who has asthma)  had to go back to work (after the business shut down due to virus but went to court and now got to re-open). I begged him to stay on lay off but we would lose medical at end of April.. Also worry about my daughters family but they are all at home right now (not working or school).

My nerves are so bad I can barely watch the news or look at facebook virus articles or I get panic attacks at times. I tend to use lysol with bleach and wash my hands pretty much too.

I was always a worrier but NOT like this! 

DH said I better call the Dr. So I did. She wants me on anti depressants for anxiety. I haven't started them yet. She also gave me a nerve pill I can take once a day IF needed, but NOT with my back meds, I have to space them and these are temporary till the anti-depressants kick in, (take 2 weeks).

I know I'm not alone because the Dr told me she has been swamped with calls of others who are having panic attacks (or suicidal which I am not).

Ive tried to control this, and am still trying to control this, by talking on the phone with my daughter, playing games with my grankids online, doing things around the house, deep breathing, meditating, and walking around the house, but I cant shake it! 

Just reading back over this its depressing (Sorry!). I was so happy when I got on the scale but Id rather feel better! And I pray every day for all the sick, the victims, their families,, and medical people helping! I pray this nightmare ends soon for all. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

@Shorty2U  You are not alone.  Many of us feel anxious and nervous about what is going on and what we could be facing in the next few weeks.  But it's important for all of us to be as healthy as we can during times like this.  

Try to stay connected with friends and family via face time, facebook, phone calls, etc..  Interaction is important and avoid watching the news if you can.

Please take care of yourself, even if you have to set reminders to eat.  I think a lot of people are losing weight, since most aren't going out for fancy meals or picking up fast food for lunch, and a lot of home cooking is getting done.....it's evident since I can't get oatmeal or flour at any of my local grocery stores.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Re: I lost 10 pounds BUT...

[ Edited ]

@Shorty2U 

Things are scary, but everything gets better in time.  Anxiety, depression and the likes I am sure most of us have suffered through at one time. I know I sure have.  I never want to be there again .   have found sometimes just picking up your sweater, put on walking shoes and just take off out the door and walk around the block.  I have severe back issues, so I hear you there. bit I do what I can.  I have strengthened and my mind eases a bit.

life is complicated, unsure and scary at times. But through help any way you can get it helps.  Check in here everyday to let us know how things are going.

Respected Contributor
Shorty2U

My heart goes out to you. Try to make some time each day to think of some positives in your life. It sounds like you are blessed with a successful family.

Try not to read many posts here because do many seem to focus on the virus. Find something different to watch on tv. Go for a walk.

I will keep you in my thoughts. You are not alone. Many people are very stressed.

doxie
Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U - Please know I am thinking of you. I am also a worrier, and there is a lot going on with our family. My faith tells me not to worry, but sometimes it's hard not to. 

I have the opposite problem of you - I'm snacking constantly, which I know is not good.

I also have ten million projects at home I never had time for. Funny - since we've been quarantined, I haven't done any of them. I watch TV, play with my kitties, read, talk on the forums, and sleep - and eat. I put on makeup one time since it started. We will be out of quarantine before I get anything done!

It's hard not to think about this 24/7, but I think we all need to take a break once in a while. You're doing that with your grandchildren, and I'm sure your calming presence in their lives helps them. Think about reading a short book that you can get lost in. I was reading in "my chair" in the sunroom one day last week. I was so wrapped up in it that when DD came in and startled me it took me a minute to think about what my "reality" really was! I'm also watching a lot of my favorite movies and some new ones. Just for a while I can get away from this world right now. 

This will be over sometime. I just hope people don't get a false sense of security and think it's really not that bad, and start to go out. Five more people in our area were hospitalized last night. I pray it will end, but I know we will all be better because of the way we've come together to be there for our loved ones and others - even if it's online. I've been comforted by posts here - some informative and helpful, and some funny.

I hope you feel better. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Shorty2U 

For your own mental health, turn off the news, or find something else to watch, like a movie.

you can read a book, go for a walk, go for a drive, start a new hobby.

When I had my anxiety attack, what took my mind off my fears was to watch comedian Jeff Dunham, and I actually laughed while watching it, and I felt so much better afterwards.

Exercise is another way to burn off that energy.

Wishing you the best!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U -

You are not alone in all your thoughts and worries and I'm sure you expressed what a lot of us are feeling or worried about!

It does help me to distract myself from worries or sadness.Try anyway that helps -a favorite show or book, admiring things you see on a slow walk.

I think of my littlest grandchild.When he cries from boredom or something and I try to distract him by singing a song, making a funny face, talking in soothing tones-that's what we can do for ourselves.

Last night there was some doctor talking about what we can do to help ourselves mentally. I wasn't impressed with a lot of what she said but one thing did strike me. She said 

to think about what we can control, not what we can't. I would take that further and say I try not to anticipate or obsess that things I can't control will happen but lean towards being hopeful they won't and thinking about making it thru this-family and friends on the other side doing everything we can to love each other.

Cause right now when I listen to the news I feel like everyone will get this you know? And it doesn't have to be that way.

And we can pray or send healing thoughts to all the nurses, drs, first responders, familys worrying like us.

If anything we can all worry together.Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Hello All,

We send healing thoughts to all who are suffering with troubling thoughts and feelings.  I believe our nation will heal along with all nations.  The losses are devistating and I am focusing on all the positive stories on the news!!!  So many companies are going above and beyond the call of duty, thank you to all who have done this!!!

DH got an email yesterday calling all medical military personal  who are retired to volenteer to come back to service!  They will!

Yes, finding a positive diversion is a wonderful idea such as binge watching your favorite TV shows such as "Wonder Years, Frasier, Sharke Tank,  Mysteries At The Museum,  Mary Tyler Moore, Designing Woman,  Star Trec, Mash, Cheers, etc.  These are a great break from the news for us.

You all have friends here that care for you!  I do!

Blessings to all my QVC friends,Cathy

Respected Contributor

@Shorty2U  Yes I deal with depression and anxiety.  At one time dropped 30 pounds without trying.The Winter is tough with less sun and shorter days.  It sounds like you have family which is good and are reaching out to them and talking. I am upping Vitamin D as Dr, recommended. It sounds like you are trying very hard to help yourself and feel better. My Dad had a chemical imbalance and I also fight anxiety.

I fought taking an antidepressant but when in counseling my counselor said "You know you can take something"  I took Paxcel and it made me feel so much better. It told the edge off my anxiety. I told myself I don't have to take it forever. Tell yourself that you will control what you can and many things are out of our control. You are doing what you can right now.  Be good to yourself and do what you need to keep going. I turn on the news once a day  so informed but not overloaded as yes, depressing.

@Shorty2U wrote:

I lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks. I have been trying to lose weight for a long time but was unable to, due to lack of much exercise because of my bad back. So i had given up! I need to lose more, so that is the only good thing to come out of these nightmare times.

And here's the BUT; I lost it because I am eating yes, but just cant eat much at all, since this virus thing hit, worrying about my son (who has epilepsy) working. And also now that my husband (Who has asthma)  had to go back to work (after the business shut down due to virus but went to court and now got to re-open). I begged him to stay on lay off but we would lose medical at end of April.. Also worry about my daughters family but they are all at home right now (not working or school).

My nerves are so bad I can barely watch the news or look at facebook virus articles or I get panic attacks at times. I tend to use lysol with bleach and wash my hands pretty much too.

I was always a worrier but NOT like this! 

DH said I better call the Dr. So I did. She wants me on anti depressants for anxiety. I haven't started them yet. She also gave me a nerve pill I can take once a day IF needed, but NOT with my back meds, I have to space them and these are temporary till the anti-depressants kick in, (take 2 weeks).

I know I'm not alone because the Dr told me she has been swamped with calls of others who are having panic attacks (or suicidal which I am not).

Ive tried to control this, and am still trying to control this, by talking on the phone with my daughter, playing games with my grankids online, doing things around the house, deep breathing, meditating, and walking around the house, but I cant shake it! 

Just reading back over this its depressing (Sorry!). I was so happy when I got on the scale but Id rather feel better! And I pray every day for all the sick, the victims, their families,, and medical people helping! I pray this nightmare ends soon for all. 

Respected Contributor

@Shorty2U 

Please take what your doctor prescribed.  Hopefully within a few weeks, your anxieties will lessen.