Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'll say it again: It's not fun here anymore:

@betteb wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

This isn't the only board losing posters..just sayin.

I agree with that too. I think it goes in cycles. It's been summer, longer days, people are busy, vacations, etc. It will pick back up again when winter sets in.

Yes, some goes in cycles and I think although we're missing a few well liked posters, it's still nice here.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@cody2 wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

Wow.  So many here who aren't having fun.  Why stay or keep coming back?

I can only speak for myself but I come back every once in a blue moon because I miss you. But seriously, what do you care who goes or stays here Noel?

I never said I cared.

Why would anyone keep coming back to say they're having no fun?  Kind of like someone who keeps playing with a sore tooth.  

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Goodnight, ladies.  It's been a long day Smiley Happy

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

Goodnight, ladies.  It's been a long day Smiley Happy

It sure has. Nite. Smiley Happy)
Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

@betteb wrote:

Well Big Sister, it looks like you are pretty much out there by yourself. Just sayin'. You asked.

@betteb wrote:

Well Big Sister, it looks like you are pretty much out there by yourself. Just sayin'. You asked.

Big Sister in NOT alone in her comments.  Many people over the past few months have made similar statements here.  I don't post as often anymore, because I also find this board to be very boring, compared to how it was in the past.  But I do read...and have to wonder why whenever someone says they dislike some of the changes...so many of you just want to shut that poster up, and say their feelings are out of the norm? 

september, thanks!

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@betteb wrote:

@betteb wrote:

Big Sister in NOT alone in her comments.  Many people over the past few months have made similar statements here.  I don't post as often anymore, because I also find this board to be very boring, compared to how it was in the past.  But I do read...and have to wonder why whenever someone says they dislike some of the changes...so many of you just want to shut that poster up, and say their feelings are out of the norm? 

Since when is expressing a different POV "wanting to shut that poster up"? An alternate POV is only that. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@september wrote:

@betteb wrote:

@betteb wrote:

Since when is expressing a different POV "wanting to shut that poster up"? An alternate POV is only that. 

It's just a shame when a poster expresses their opinion or a different POV that there are some who take it personally and gather their friends to snark at and dismiss the dissenting POV.

edited for wacko spellcheck.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

@cody2 wrote:

@september wrote:

@betteb wrote:

@betteb wrote:

I think one variable that bette left out is the fact that many posters have quit this place or rarely show up anymore. The vote tally would be quite different if that were not true.

People come and go all the time.  While more left for the other side at least they had the good sense to leave if they weren't happy.   They don't count in a what if vote.

Sometimes I read and sometimes I post.  Depends on my time and the subject of the thread.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

@betteb wrote:

@betteb wrote:

Or mock the poster for having these feelings which valiidates the OP's "it's not fun here" statement. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

I appreciate alot of the info and opinions that I can get regarding clothes, beauty products and even recipies! Admittedly, it was sometimes "fun" to witness some snark once and awhile, I can even be "iffy" at times, but by and large, this format is good! The balance between good and evil can be tricky!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield