Honored Contributor

Re: I'll say it again: It's not fun here anymore:

I am on an iPad and not experiencing the jumping anymore but for some reason I can no longer choose a different font.

Respected Contributor

Define fun.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

I miss some posters. And I find responding to posts isn't quite as fluid as it used to be. I don't have any page jumping though. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm having a big jumping page issue now. I had it briefly after the revamp, then it went away, and now it's back worse than ever. I can deal with that no problem. The question is ... do I want to? Is there enough interest here to incentivize my frequenting these forums on a regular basis? Simple answer. No.  I agree with you OP. Although there have been moderation breakthroughs, the moderation has generally led to the complete absence of serious discussion of any important or even unimportant issues here, when compared to the past ten years. There is a dwindling to near absent sense of community that used to exist in spite of the intolerance and hostile behavior of a very stubborn group (not always acting in a group). In the end, the participants created the community and tore it down too. And there remain a small number bent on censoring any thought that challenges their individual ego. 

There remain a small group of very dear participants who clearly contribute in unselfish, stimulating, experienced, and genuinely community building styles, but they are yet resented by some, and I can't figure out why they remain in spite of it.

Esteemed Contributor

Well Big Sister, it looks like you are pretty much out there by yourself. Just sayin'. You asked.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

@betteb wrote:

Well Big Sister, it looks like you are pretty much out there by yourself. Just sayin'. You asked.

@betteb wrote:

Big Sister in NOT alone in her comments.  Many people over the past few months have made similar statements here.  I don't post as often anymore, because I also find this board to be very boring, compared to how it was in the past.  But I do read...and have to wonder why whenever someone says they dislike some of the changes...so many of you just want to shut that poster up, and say their feelings are out of the norm? 

Esteemed Contributor

With exception to the technical difficulties and drive bys..

..it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Woman Happy

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

@betteb wrote:

@betteb wrote:

Big Sister in NOT alone in her comments.  Many people over the past few months have made similar statements here.  I don't post as often anymore, because I also find this board to be very boring, compared to how it was in the past.  But I do read...and have to wonder why whenever someone says they dislike some of the changes...so many of you just want to shut that poster up, and say their feelings are out of the norm? 

I think one variable that bette left out is the fact that many posters have quit this place or rarely show up anymore. The vote tally would be quite different if that were not true.
Respected Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

With exception to the technical difficulties and drive bys..

..it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Woman Happy

Said the Queen of drive byes. ROFL. Ironing.
Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

I am not upset with change  - providing there is a good reason for it. I understand the concerns that it is not much fun anymore. I completely agree and I have been on these boards since about day 1 - which was a very long time ago. While we have lost many posters due to illness or their passing, we have also lost many more due to the complication of the boards during the MANY changes which have occurred thru the years, and in my opinion very few worth too much.

I MISS the fun,  - providing it was healthy and quite frankly most of it was - but not the nastiness - but to be honest, that came from a small amount of people yet much was made about the few and not enough about the many.

In my opinion, it takes way too much work here these days which to me takes away the fun. Too many various sections which quite frankly has made it - again - too much work to sift through things. As I mentioned earlier, I applaud change when necessary but I want to enjoy this board, not go to work when I sign on. And that is another thing, it turns off too quickly - should stay on until I TURN IT OFF - not the Q. Leave it for a few minutes and I have to sign on again. How dumb. This happened to the HSN boards and their boards look just like ours and guess what. No one there much any more. The HSN board also use to jump. .

Good to see some well thought out comments from a long time poster.  I'm quoting you since it seems like Bette might have missed your post.  I see you have 8 hearts, so obviously people agree with you....as well as the comments made by the OP.