Frequent Contributor

Re: WelRe: I'll never understand how anyone could forget a child in a car seat?

I know it's hard to believe somebody could do this deliberately but when you learn about the case (google is your friend), it's difficult to believe this was anything but premeditated murder. He's a creep and I hope he gets what he deserves.

Honored Contributor

Re: I'll never understand how anyone could forget a child in a car seat?

@cherry wrote:

Life has always been stressful for families and always will be

@cherry  Exactly.  Our children must always come first;  the minds of these parents are not focused on the priority of their children.  I don't care if one has an "important" meeting or is rushed for lunch or any other myriad of "things to do"; precious lives always take first place over anything else.  Period.

As far as this case, there is obviously intent to cause the death of that poor child. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There really is no excuse. You really shouldn't need a car, app or anything to remind you to check for a child in your car.

Funny thing is, people certainly never forget to grab their phones or their purses but a child, really. Makes me sick.

Honored Contributor

I don't get it either but, not having had kids, maybe I just cannot possibly understand.   Funny thing is, I used to have dreams that I had a baby and I kept forgetting where I put him.  hehe  Smiley Happy

Anyway, the creepy thing is that nobody forgets their phone and I've actually seen some recommendations of putting the phone back there by the baby so they don't forget the baby!  What the heck!

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I don't get it either but, not having had kids, maybe I just cannot possibly understand.   Funny thing is, I used to have dreams that I had a baby and I kept forgetting where I put him.  hehe  Smiley Happy

Anyway, the creepy thing is that nobody forgets their phone and I've actually seen some recommendations of putting the phone back there by the baby so they don't forget the baby!  What the heck!

If that's what it takes in order to make sure that the parent doesn't forget their kid, then I'm all for it.

Respected Contributor

I find the whole "reminders" thing appalling. 

Let's see - I won't forget my phone so I'll put it in the back seat with the baby that I might forget is in there.  Sickening...

Esteemed Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

I find the whole "reminders" thing appalling. 

Let's see - I won't forget my phone so I'll put it in the back seat with the baby that I might forget is in there.  Sickening...

If the reminders help save even ONE life, then they are a good thing.

Trusted Contributor

You can forget to drop something in the mail.  You can forget to pick something up at the cleaners.  You can forget to get something at the grocery store.   But leaving a living creature (whether human or animal)  in a car?  Hard to believe - no matter how busy or preoccupied you may be.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

This guy had just had his child out of that car at a fast food restaurant then drove a very, very short distance to work.  It was only a few minutes before he was at work and "forget" this kid in the car.

Not buying this story at all. 

ITA.  And he even "remembered" to go check his car at lunchtime.  And still didn't notice his child dying in the back seat?  (Or was he just checking to make sure the child couldn't be revived?)

Not buying this story either.  Especially when you hear the things he said in some of his sexting about needing an escape.

I'm sure there are tragic accidents.  I don't believe for one second that this was one of them.  I think he had it planned very well, right up to where he created a great scene of "What have I done?  What have I done?" and looking distraught.  (Making sure there were plenty of witnesses, of course.)

It really chapped my hide when one of the police officers said that when they had this guy in the back of their police car and were asking him questions, he COMPLAINED about how hot it was in the car.

OMG you just roasted your child in a car, intentional or not and YOU have the nerve to complain?  I don't know how that cop didn't strangle him right then and there.  That made me sick.  

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

This guy had just had his child out of that car at a fast food restaurant then drove a very, very short distance to work.  It was only a few minutes before he was at work and "forget" this kid in the car.

Not buying this story at all. 

ITA.  And he even "remembered" to go check his car at lunchtime.  And still didn't notice his child dying in the back seat?  (Or was he just checking to make sure the child couldn't be revived?)

Not buying this story either.  Especially when you hear the things he said in some of his sexting about needing an escape.

I'm sure there are tragic accidents.  I don't believe for one second that this was one of them.  I think he had it planned very well, right up to where he created a great scene of "What have I done?  What have I done?" and looking distraught.  (Making sure there were plenty of witnesses, of course.)

Dogs are treated better than that poor baby was treated..... he should has his punishment be the same thing.. cooking in a hot car.

Not for nothing but plenty of dogs die locked in hot cars too.  There have been more than 1 case this year alone where police officers left their K-9 partner locked in a car and the dog died.