Honored Contributor

I keep feeling like each day is Saturday

Now don't get me wrong, I have always loved Saturdays.  But it's like the movie "Groundhog day".  Only I don't wake up to Sonny and Cher.  It could be taken as bad, but hey, Saturdays aren't bad at all.

Did some checking on the local Farmer's Markets and opening times and dates.  Want to get as fresh as I can this year.  Love fresh fruit.  Fresh veggies are great too.

Anyone else?

Respected Contributor

Re: I keep feeling like each day is Saturday

@qualitygal  You have my complete and utter envy!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde, LOL, I understand! Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal.... are you retired?  I ask because since I have been retired the days seem to just be jumbled up! lol   I do love farmers markets also.

Honored Contributor

@game-on, oh yeah, I'm retired. Think that's why all my days feel like the weekend.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Lucky you, @qualitygal

I'm retired, too, and fully expected every day to feel identical, like a holiday or weekend.

But I found, to my surprise, that many weekends still felt like weekends and weekdays felt like weekdays.  

I notice it more in how I adapt to things like store hours, times most people are out shopping, board meetings, and other "stuff" that connects with how people who work outside the home still use their days.

Oh, and television programs.  But tv has less of an impact than I guess what I could call people moving around during the days of the week.  It still feels different on the weekends.  

Again, lucky you!!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

DH always jokes that his week is 6 Saturdays and a Sunday. I guess it's true when I usually only dress up on a Sunday.

Honored Contributor

I have been retired for 5 years this month. My how the years have gone by! I still love doing nothing...doing what I want, when  I want...eating my supper at 4pm and not 9 pm...going to bed early, getting up when I want to. No stress, no demands on my time. Yes...everyday is Saturday 😉👍. Life is 😊 good!

Esteemed Contributor

When I was working I always looked forward to the weekends, especially Sat.  Now that I’m retired it’s the reverse.  The roads, stores and parks are so crowded on weekends that’s it’s difficult to go anywhere.  I look forward to Mondays when peace returns.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Now don't get me wrong, I have always loved Saturdays.  But it's like the movie "Groundhog day".  Only I don't wake up to Sonny and Cher.  It could be taken as bad, but hey, Saturdays aren't bad at all.

Did some checking on the local Farmer's Markets and opening times and dates.  Want to get as fresh as I can this year.  Love fresh fruit.  Fresh veggies are great too.

Anyone else?

Good for you. When i come to work i realize it is not a Saturday, though i work some Saturdays.....