Super Contributor

I just want to talk...okay, maybe vent a little

Is it just my town or state, but it seems like more and more people are driving with their bright lights on....I'm not talking about those new "blue" lights...I'm talking about headlights on bright in town? Very irritating to me.

Also tired of reading about how many people in Timbucktwo are without power. Yes, I am sorry that folks are without power, but I don't need to know. It doesn't seem to me that matters if you are 1 person without power or 78,000 without power...if you are out of power it is a bad thing. Does everyone in American want to read about a town of 500 in the middle of the heartland who has been without power for days? I don't think so...so, I don't want to read about a city on the East coast who has 50,000 homes without power...unless we are going to list ALL the places that don't have power every day. Which brings up the topic that this Country needs to spend a little money upgrading the power grid.

I don't want to wear clothes that draw attention to my already too wide hips...I would like something that made my breasts look bigger and my hips and waist smaller.

I wish internet providers would have to flash a message ...that they are experiencing a problem....instead of letting me find out the hard way. Last week I thought I had a virus because my computer was running so slow...shut it down until I could get it to the computer store where they told me nothing wrong with my computer...if it was running slow it was my provider who had a problem...turns out they were correct. My provider did have a problem on the morning in question.

Super Contributor

Re: I just want to talk...okay, maybe vent a little

The only thing I can help you with here are your wide hips and waist and small breasts. You could sculpt your body at the gym using weights. It really works.

Oh, and stay away from horizontal stripes.

Super Contributor

Well on that note... anything good happening in your life?

Frequent Contributor

Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Esteemed Contributor

Oh brother.. Is that all they have to do in Nebraska is complain?

Super Contributor

On 2/9/2014 Hildegarde Withers said:

And I'm sick & tired of shrinking grocery store products while the price stays the same or increases.

Honored Contributor

I have a little something to vent about...I walked into TJ's to check out their jewelry in the clearance case. As I'm walking toward the counter, the saleslady starts sneezing, coughing & sniffling. She sounded awful. I didn't want to risk getting sick by asking to see something in the case & I walked out. Why go to work & be sick around the customers & other employees? Stay home.

Oh, well...she might have saved me some money on stuff I really didn't need.

A lot of retail and fast food workers don't get sick day pay. They need to show up sick or don't get paid and may even lose their jobs.

I doubt she enjoyed having to work while sick!

Super Contributor

I have a little something to vent about...I walked into TJ's to check out their jewelry in the clearance case. As I'm walking toward the counter, the saleslady starts sneezing, coughing & sniffling. She sounded awful. I didn't want to risk getting sick by asking to see something in the case & I walked out. Why go to work & be sick around the customers & other employees? Stay home.

The saleslady probably would have preferred to be home too. Perhaps she had no sick time and needed to be at work to provide for her family. Sometimes staying home isn't always an option for people, even if they should. There are plenty of people who go out shopping that are sick and should stay home. It's a risk you take during cold and flu season.

ETA: terrier, just saw your post... we were thinking alike.

Frequent Contributor

On 2/9/2014 terrier3 said:

A lot of retail and fast food workers don't get sick day pay. They need to show up sick or don't get paid and may even lose their jobs.

I doubt she enjoyed having to work while sick!

There are a lot of workers out there like that. Disgraceful!

Honored Contributor

20 ridiculous complaints made by holidaymakers

We are in paradise but have you ever noticed the beach is too sandy, it sticks to my feet and when we return to our 1,000 dollar a night suite facing the mountains and the water there is... no one there to clean our feet.{#emotions_dlg.huh} There IS a mint on the pillow but the chocolate is dark...we prefer milk chocolate. *Sigh* life is so full of challenges.{#emotions_dlg.glare}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**