Trusted Contributor

Re: I just unclogged my sink!

You need Green Gobbler liquid. I used to use drain cleaner when my drains got a little slow and thought they were doing a pretty good job. Then I bought the gobbler stuff and couldn't believe the difference. 

Honored Contributor

@lynnie61  Congrats!  There is something about beating an inanimate piece of machinery into submission that is so heart warming.  😂

Honored Contributor

Thank you @pigletsmom .  Never heard of that but I will look it up.  

Valued Contributor

@noodleann be careful with those chemicals.  you may want to get a drain strainer to help prevent the problem.  Recommend stainless steel.  you can find at Amazon.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

A couple of  years ago, I was able to unplug a pipe that was at a junction of the kitchen sink, the basement sink, and the washing machine.  I've  had this worked on twice before, and the guys who did it, did it so fast, I had a feeling it might be simple...if only they had shown me how to do it.

Tried plunging, vinegar and soda, Liquid Plummer.  

Finally got brave, went downstairs, and carefully looked at the PVC pipe.  Found a lid that screwed off and on.  Unscrewed it and used a small plumber's snake that I'd found at Walmart to clean it out.

I KNOW the feeling of utter triumph you are experiencing @Laura14 !  Not to mention saved myself over a hundred dollars from not having to call a plumber.

Good thing, because I had to spend that and more to get my sewer line rooted about 6 weeks ago. 

Honored Contributor

High five fellow pink plumber @GrailSeeker !  🙌🏻

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I mean I unscrewed the plumbing and snaked and washed up the pipes and cleared the gunk.  Put it all back together.  It was the easiest and most disgusting thing I have ever done in my life.  Watched youtube for five minutes and BAM!   Instant plumber. 

I have no idea why this might enhance your day but I had to tell somebody.  I have been so frustrated for the better part of a year with no real lasting success and within 20 minutes I am woman hear me roar.  

Apologies to Dan Akroyd and his pants halfway down the butt.  A sight I won't have to see now.  

Yep, this is the highlight of my Sunday.  I really do need to get out more.  So if you have a slow drain, hit me up.  😂🔧

You are a multi-talented unsung hero. What a gal!

Respected Contributor

Congratulations! I just changed a fuse in my fuse box. Amazing. You learn something new everyday and youtube is the teacher. I'll roar with you! You go girl!

Honored Contributor

👍👏😊

6F1748F8-8D61-44D4-9E57-A8A56A5979C4.jpeg

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@silkyk Whoa we got an electrician in the forum too!  Holla!  👏🏻