Honored Contributor

I just read that Celine Dion's brother is dying of Cancer as well!

That poor lady!!!!!! That is a lot of suffering for her........

Honored Contributor

Re: I just read that Celine Dion's brother is dying of Cancer as well!

How very sad!  I hate to hear this.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

It's an ugly, evil thing. 

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Trusted Contributor

I am so sad to hear this, after all she has been through lately.  I recall her being one of many children in her family - I want to say there were around 12 (or 13??) kids born to her parents.  I cannot recall the actual number, but so sad for her. 

Honored Contributor

I think I recall it being 14 kids in her family.

Respected Contributor

Too much sorrow ... my heart goes out to her.

Respected Contributor

So sorry to read this. Cancer is awful Woman Indifferent 

Honored Contributor

how sad...

Honored Contributor

I like knowing when a person does good things.  This is very nice to know... from Wiki:

Philanthropy

Dion has actively supported many charity organizations, worldwide. She has promoted the Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CCFF) since 1982, and became the foundation's National Celebrity Patron in 1993. She has an emotional attachment to the foundation; her niece Karine succumbed to the disease at the age of sixteen, in Dion's arms.

In 2003, she joined a number of other celebrities, athletes, and politicians, including Josh Groban and Yolanda Adams to support "World Children's Day", a global fundraising effort sponsored by McDonald's. The effort raised money from more than 100 nations and benefited orphanages and children's health organizations.

In addition, Dion has been a major supporter of the T.J. Martell Foundation, the Diana Princess of Wales Memorial Fund, and many health and educational campaigns.

During the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, Dion donated $1 million to the victims of the storm, and held a fund-raising event for the victims of the 2004 Asian Tsunami, which subsequently raised more than $1 million.. After the 2008 Sichuan earthquake, Dion donated $100,000 to China Children & Teenagers' Fund and sent a letter showing her consolation and support.

Since 2004, she is involved, alongside husband René Angelil, with the Québec gay community by supporting the publication of health and HIV prevention materials in Gay Globe Magazine, owned by journalist Roger-Luc Chayer.