Honored Contributor

i cant root for anyone in the steelers/patriots game next week.......i dont like either team. LOL

i am passionate about my team, but would not take it to that level in my neighborhood street. when he first started it i probably would have just said....."good luck to them" or "time will tell" or simply "go steelers" ( if i was a fan) and leave it at that.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Re: I just had to do it

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

It really is difficult for me to understand how anyone could be so passionate about a team. Thankfully, I am married to a man who has little to no interest in sports. From what I have seen of some enthusiasts, they are over the top with their gusto and the OP's type of encounter just proves it.

ITA. It's fine to be passionate about one's sports team in terms of enjoying the sport and rooting for your team, but not to the rabid point where you start demeaning others and acting like an immature idiot (speaking in general terms). 

Valued Contributor

That kind of behavior is incredibly immature. 

Honored Contributor

Sports passion is one thing, but people have been getting carried away.  It's gone into beating boosters of the other team and ugly public behavior.

It isn't the dog that was ugly.

Honored Contributor

Re: I just had to do it

[ Edited ]

@Bri21 wrote:

That kind of behavior is incredibly immature. 

On both sides.

Fussing over professional sports is so silly.

Honored Contributor

@151949

Not something I would do, nor have done, but!! When someone initiates these types of things it does make me feel good to see them on the losing side. Not sure of his motives, but whatever his intentions, they failed.

With my lifelong history of about every aspect of hockey, 1 thing I can tell you for sure. Those that are the LOUDEST, almost always know the least.

Now about his dog? To me there is no such thing as an ugly domestic dog or cat.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

There is no such thing as an ugly dog but there is such a thing as an ugly personality. 

I'm a Steelers fan and I would have ignored him.  I'm really not sure why you had to bring the dog into it.    

Respected Contributor

Sounds like guy talk to me.  If you go to a superbowl party that kind of talk goes on all night long.  I don't see what the fuss is all about.

Honored Contributor

@151949  I just had to post I understand and applaud what you did.  It was all in good fun even if your neighbor was a sore loser.  

Men can't take it like us girls can, can they?  Smiley Wink

And that was a joke just like your dog comment was so thank you for sharing a fun moment you had over your weekend.

I'm from Philly so big Go Steelers from the other side of the state!  

And if the Falcons make it too and meet you in the Superbowl (I currently live outside of Atlanta), fair warning, I will fly up to dance in your driveway and you haven't seen anything yet. Smiley Surprised Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

Have a good day!  Smiley Happy   

Honored Contributor

I've read enough posts from the OP in the past about her neighbors and dog issues to know she more than likely wasn't joking about the dog.  Smiley Sad  That's standard MO for this poster.