Honored Contributor

Re: I just had to do it

[ Edited ]

OMG love that boxer baby! 

I love the Bulldog too.  I just have a really soft spot for boxers.

Honored Contributor

Shame on you! And why keep maligning his dog?

For the life of me I can't understand why Steelers fans get a bad rep. If in fact, this really did happen. 

Respected Contributor

Neither the OP or the man were acting grown-up or mature.

Frequent Contributor

VerY immature. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a fan of football at all, and I don't think it's worth arguing over. BUT what you did is funny! lol.

PS) Half of my husbands family are Pittsburg fans and my Mom (God rest her soul), loved Pittsburg and so does my brother.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

A neighbor walking his dog today was giving me grief because we have a Steelers flag hanging outside due to them being in the playoffs. He was going on & on about how they were nothing but lucky losers so I said They are lucky losers with more Lombardi trophys than any other team. He went on & on about how they were going tp lose by 30 points this evening. So tonight, after the Steelers won , as he walked his ugly dog past my house I could not resist. I put the Steeler polka on my computer and played it in my driveway as he walked down the sidewalk.He couldn't get his ugly dog to walk away fast enough.

Yes, I know - it wasn't nice - but trust me - he was not very nice this afternoon. So payback is  a -----.

*********  If I thought this was all done in fun..... between two sport fans...I would have been laughing.  It would have been cute.  Your language, however, tells me your intentions were  "an eye for an eye".....and that is never funny.  

Regular Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@151949 wrote:

A neighbor walking his dog today was giving me grief because we have a Steelers flag hanging outside due to them being in the playoffs. He was going on & on about how they were nothing but lucky losers so I said They are lucky losers with more Lombardi trophys than any other team. He went on & on about how they were going tp lose by 30 points this evening. So tonight, after the Steelers won , as he walked his ugly dog past my house I could not resist. I put the Steeler polka on my computer and played it in my driveway as he walked down the sidewalk.He couldn't get his ugly dog to walk away fast enough.

Yes, I know - it wasn't nice - but trust me - he was not very nice this afternoon. So payback is  a -----.

*********  If I thought this was all done in fun..... between two sport fans...I would have been laughing.  It would have been cute.  Your language, however, tells me your intentions were  "an eye for an eye".....and that is never funny.  

I think so too @jubilant. Better to take the high road instead of getting into a fight.

Respected Contributor

This is one of those posts that it isn't what is said..it is WHO says it...

I would love to see all OP's with no name that way all responses would be based on the actual post and not their reaction to the poster.

That said - I am not a sports fan in any way so it would be lost on me..but I see no harm in a little banter back and forth. As for the dog - no clue but if he in the past had any behavioral issues towards anybody than it is a different story. Usually dogs like that -are a result of their owner/way they are brought up.

Just like children - it is a direct result of parenting or lack of parenting - it can be the same thing for animals.

I wouldn't be a fan of a nasty neighbor or a neighbor with a nasty dog. One who didn't know its boundaries or in any case taught boundries etc.  Who did anything destructive, mean, or attempted  harm to my own pet, home, property or body!  Not all people or animal owners should be.

Respected Contributor

151949,, found nothing wrong with your post. All that said in good humor even about the dog. Lets face it all dogs are not beautiful in fact we have one in our family that we all agree will never ever come close to winning a spot in a beauty, contest but its ours so we are allowed our own opinion. It gets just as much love and attention as if it were a first place beauty winner. Now back to the Steeler's this family is part of Steeler nation the Steeler flag is proudly blowing in the wind out in the yard. The Steeler banters are proudly hanging on the deck and large Steeler letters are proudly spelled out in the bay window with a spotlight that lights them up at night. We are getting ready for the game on Sunday with our black and gold decorations and different snacks to put out for all our friends and family who be here to cheer the team on hopefully for a winning game. After reading your post I left a message on a family members phone this afternoon and just to make them smile I played the Steeler Polka song in the back ground. They came home from work and in the door they walked in with a grin on their face. Tomorrow I will leave a message with the 2017 Steeler Polka song on their phone.  So if the Steelers win I will meet you on the dance floor for a Steeler Polka dance. If they don't win no dance I will be drinking my Captain Morgan with coke probably more of the Captain then coke-cola.  So yes this is a Steeler and Pens hockey home.  Have a nice night. 

Respected Contributor

I love sports rivalrys!

As long as things don't get out of hand it's fun.

So I don't see anything wrong with what the OP did.

I love dogs so I wish he wasn't called ugly.

Maybe the dog was thinking he didn't like the way you look either. Smiley Very Happy