Honored Contributor

Re: I just had a pizza delivery guy drive through my fence gate!

It will be an inconvenience for you and fortunately no one was hurt but I feel for the delivery person.  It's probably a minimum wage job, and he'll probably lose it.  One small mistake can turn a person's life upside-down.

Honored Contributor

When you do get the fence fixed, keep an eye on the workers.  I see a lot of lost dogs posted because workers are not careful about closing doors/gates.  Better yet, maybe board them or bring them in if you can during the work just to be sure.

Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda, the homeowner is not responsible for this damage, so why take a 'hit' on the homeowner's insurance policy, resulting on her policy costs going up?

@ValuSkr, imho this was not one mistake.  The dellivery person LIED, trying to deny doing any damage - something a good responsible person would never do!

Honored Contributor

@conlt @That is really a bad situation.I hope it all gets resolved using the pizza places insurance.In the mean time you are going to be busy getting your car and gate fixed...hope it is a repaired to your satisfaction.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@ValuSkr, imho this was not one mistake.  The dellivery person LIED, trying to deny doing any damage - something a good responsible person would never do!

@eddyandme   The "lie" was a desperate attempt to save his job, as [I imagine that] the damage was irrefutable.  It makes me feel even worse for him.  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@conlt  I hope you tipped him.  You know those guys aren't paid much and depend on tips.  AND it's a dangerous job.  Locally just in the last few weeks one driver has been killed and another was robbed.

He's going to need the tip even more since he'll probably get fired.

If there was ever time for a "pity" tip, it's now.

And as @PilatesLover said...it's the restaurant's fault anyway.  

i'm assuming either this is a sarcastic reply, or you didn't read the op post. 

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr  You have a kind heart for sure.I admire honesty though and sometimes you just have to accept reponsibility.The driver is at fault so he needs to try his best to resolve the situation.I am sure that anyone involved in something similar would want the damage repaired and not at their expense.The situation was an accident but the driver is accountable.

Honored Contributor

The sent you another pizza...LOL   As if that would make everything ok with you...LOL  Thank heaven's for insurance.  The police report is in so things will take their natural course now but even with their insurance and your insurance, you'll still have out of pocket expenses to pay.  Things happen in life but I don't know why the guy wouldn't give you his insurance information.  That was odd.  

Respected Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

I hope the driver didn't leave the scene. 

According to the post @Bri369 it seems as if the driver did not leave the scene but left the original pizza on the OP's driveway after the police report was done. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

@eddyandme   The "lie" was a desperate attempt to save his job, as [I imagine that] the damage was irrefutable.  It makes me feel even worse for him.  Smiley Sad

If this were my employee I could possibly overlook the accident (depending on the circumstances) but if he lied to me he would be fired on the spot.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.