Honored Contributor

I just got a free Frosty at Wendy's!

I went to Wendy's just now and asked for a small vanilla Frosty (99 cents).  I saw her ring up a kiddie Frosty for 89 cents and said, "I wanted the small."  She nodded handed me the Frosty and said 'you can have it."  I said, wait, don't I owe you money?"  and she said there was something about a promotion that the kiddie Frosty is free today so she just rang that one up, zeroed it out, and put it in a small cup (rather than the smaller kiddie cup). That was really nice of that young lady. Good business decision too, making me want to patronize that particular Wendy's for that very nice gesture.

(I'm easy - my loyalty can be "bought" for a free Frosty! Smiley Happy   )

Frequent Contributor

Re: I just got a free Frosty at Wendy's!

Wow, yes that was a very nice surprise! 

~ It's a good day when I didn't have to unleash the flying monkeys! ~
Respected Contributor

good for you @Pearlee but i would have gotten chocolate.  haha

Valued Contributor

You saved a dollar! LOL! Good for you.

Honored Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

Shoekitty said

With me, it is not the dollar (or what ever)I am going to save, it is getting something free.  It is fun.  I don't ever go out of my way to get anything free, but if I am there and it is an unexpected sale, or a freebee, I am happy.  Simple mind, simple pleasure here,... LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

Good deal. I went to Wendy's the other day for the first time in a long time and got a bowl of their chili. It was really good, I brought it home and had it with some Fritos.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

I know just how you felt, @Pearlee.  The other day I went to a newly opened Whole Foods in my area.  Since I was in there, I figured I'd buy a few items.  I picked up a shrimp teriyaki stir fry mix for $11.75, a pkg of frozen salmon patties for 7.99 and a bag of chips for $3 and change.  The cashier rang me up and I started to write a check.  She says, "oh I sorry we don't take checks".  I reached for my credit card and didn't have it.  I apologized and said that I only had enough money to buy the shrimp.

As she re-rang my order, we chatted.  Suddenly she says, "tell me, if you had to choose between the salmon and the chips, which would you take"?  I said the salmon.  She took out some form and as she filled it out, she said,  "I'm giving you the salmon with our compliments".  I thanked her and said I definitely would be back.

It made my day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I like to get their large chili and dump half of it over my own baked potato.  The next night I do it again with the other half.  Makes a good quick, filling meal.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

@italia8140 wrote:

@italia8140The value of the experience to me was in her kind gesture, not the dollar saved.  

From reading your posts on this board, I know that we do not think alike - thankfully for me.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@italia8140 wrote:

@italia8140 wrote:

@italia8140The value of the experience to me was in her kind gesture, not the dollar saved.  

From reading your posts on this board, I know that we do not think alike - thankfully for me.

I think you two are so similar it's scary.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment