Esteemed Contributor

I just gave the LR a coffee bath

I came in the LR carrying a big cup of steaming coffee.  DH casually says there's a wasp on your hand (with the cup). Of course,I jerked my hand, sloshed hot coffee on myself which made me jerk more and sent hot cofee and cup flying. I've cleaned the floor, end table and magazine rack,  picked up pieces of the cup. I have a cool wash around my hand. thank God for hunt and peck typing.  He is getting me a glass of wine. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: I just gave the LR a coffee bath

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Ugh..one of those days.... I hope the wasp is gone!  Terrified of them.  Tomorrow will be a better day.  Feel better!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I hope you burned the wasp too.I am also terrified of bees.Once I saw a bee land on my hand while driving and I was so frightened that I closed my eyes and almost drove off the road...geesh how dumb am I.

Honored Contributor

Sorry about your mishap, you certainly wouldn't be happy living where I live. Every summer the Carpenter bees come out of the logs outside our house and the wasps build nests everywhere. All the local honey bees and those pesky yellow jackets, I have been stung so many times. I have no fear of bees, but spiders are another subject, I have seen wood spiders scurry from my raised veggie beds the size of my palm.

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99   I live in an old house and the wasps are coming out.  We have killed several in the house. A yearly event.  4years ago we had to have a beekeeper come and deal with a honey bee nest/hive.  Also have carpenter bees. I am not afraid of any except yellow jackets. I was more startled than afraid of the one on my hand.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@blackhole99   I live in an old house and the wasps are coming out.  We have killed several in the house. A yearly event.  4years ago we had to have a beekeeper come and deal with a honey bee nest/hive.  Also have carpenter bees. I am not afraid of any except yellow jackets. I was more startled than afraid of the one on my hand.

We bought my house new many years ago.  What we did NOT know was that the roof was not properly sealed and wasps got in through the attic & made nest down the walls.  It was terrifying - they would even come out of overhead lights in the ceiling.  I thought I would lose my mind. It cost us a fortune to get rid of them.  To this day I always have a can of bee-spray handy.......

Trusted Contributor

Noah must have known something we don't know about those pesty little things or he would not have put them on the Ark!!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Just a tidbit of information about wasps.  I stepped on one in Autumn a few years ago when they were going underground for wintering.  We were set to go on a trip with lots of walking abroad in a few days so I went to the doctor to be treated in order to not have this worry on our vacation.  The doctor told me, and this is interesting, to avoid being around wasps in the near future.  He said I would likely be swarmed because the poison was still in my body for some period of time, which I cannot recal, and they could smell it and they knew I was the enemy from the smell and whether or not they knew I killed one when I stepped on it, they know there was a reason I would be attacked and warned me to be careful. 

Believe it or not, two days later I was packing our vehicle to go to the airport and they swarmed me and stung the fool out of me.  I had to return to the doctor and get emergent treatment before we could leave home.  Prednisone in tow, we made our trip and I had no problems.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Newgate wrote:

Noah must have known something we don't know about those pesty little things or he would not have put them on the Ark!!  Woman Wink

@Newgate 

the main purpose of wasps is to control other sectors of the insect world, reducing populations by eating aphids, flies and caterpillars which damage trees/plants.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I got a friend who got bit by a spider while sleeping in his bed. His hand swelled up fast they couldn't find the spider to ID it went to emergency room

He got some kind of shot and they wrapped up his hand to the wrist.

They called a exterminator that sprayed and the bedroom for sure..

I'm paranoid, so, that night I got under the bed looking for webs and such

vacummed the carpet good, etc. Sprayed the baseboards with spider spray